"Base Script"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: "Base Script"
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #0
There has been a lot of things about custom floors and terrains, so it got me thinking: What if someone combined a set of most majorly useful new floors and terrains into a pack. This could form a sort of "Standard Scenario Objects" packs. Maybe we could get Jeff to incorperate it into furture versions of BoA. Since you would just be adding it into the preexisting stuff, it shouldn't change anything.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
If you want to, go for it. I'm not sure that anyone would use it, though. Custom objects scripts are fairly easy to make.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #2
Humm...I think the name was a bit of a misnomer. I was sorta thinking like a downloadable pack of additional graphics.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Well, there is the Louvre. It's not too hard to click on "Find All Records" and just wander through.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #4
Okay...ahm let me try and express this better.

There are a set of base graphics that ship with Blades. The Louvre has a wonderful set of additional graphics. Now, it stands to reason that some graphics will probably be used more than others. If someone comes out with an increadible snow floor, or a sand floor, or an arms rack terrain, or perhaps a really useful new wall set, then it stands to reason that these things will tend to be used more than a highly scenario-specific customized unit standard, for instance, or some kind of limbo floor. Well, for the graphics that see a lot of use, wouldn't it make much more sense to make a sort of "graphics expansion pack" so that every time a scenario is downloaded, you don't have to download the same graphics? That way if my scenario uses a bunch of wierd graphics, but also a bunch of fairly common but non-original graphics, I can include only the wierd ones and make everyone else's life easier.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
Ah, I see. Such a thing might be more useful in a few years as we know which graphics are getting used more and which less.

--------------------

Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #6
You'd still have to download the new standard graphics every time, since the mac graphics file format has them all in one file (ewww), so you'd have to download them along with the graphics that are unique to that scenario (or muck around with resedit)

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE