Dirty Little Thieves, monsters who can steal

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Dirty Little Thieves, monsters who can steal
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #0
With the new scripting for BoA, does anybody know if you could create monsters who could steal from your characters either gold or items, abit like the gremlins used to steal food in the exile games (not sure about that).

After this they would probley have script that have them run away and disappear (I think that would be simple) and you would have to kill them before the escaped to get your stuff back.

I suppose this could be a neat or annoying aspect of a monster, but it was an idea. Think it would work?

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
You'll definitely be able to make monsters that steal gold and make it possible to kill them to get it back. Not sure about items in general, although specific, individual items in the same scenario could certainly be made stealable.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #2
What about general items such as potions, scrolls, wands and of course valuables (jeweled rings, silver cups etc) would there be a way to have a thief randomly pluck one of these from your adventurers inventories?

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Probably only for items that they actually got in the scenario. I doubt you'll be able to take away specific items or types of items which they brought in from other scenarios.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Mortimer:

With the new scripting for BoA, does anybody know if you could create monsters who could steal from your characters either gold or items, abit like the gremlins used to steal food in the exile games (not sure about that).
I think that's a great idea. Rather like in Ambrosia's Escape Velocity games, I was always tired of the monsters/pirates only wanting to destroy you, and not take your stuff.

For one thing, it's always possible to just reload the game after being killed, so being killed isn't much of a real threat. But being robbed! If it's something you think you can live without, you can just continue the game. Or if it's something you really need, you can try to get it back and get some extra experience.

This would add a whole new aspect to the game. I look forward to seeing someone implement this!