begintalknode Question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: begintalknode Question
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #0
Do my talknodes have to be consecutive, in my dialogue scripts?
I just went to modify one of my towns, so that I can run my "Quest Giving" experiment, and I noticed that it's a pain to have to change all subsequent talknodes if I add in a piece of dialogue to a character. So, to reiterate my question, do my talknodes have to be consecutive (so long as my characters call the correct node to begin with, and all the *state* numbers in the dialogue are correct)?

By the way, I am elated that I'm starting to really *pick up* this stuff, from the documentation and reading scripts from the provided Spiderweb scenarios.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
No, they don't have to be consecutive, in either use of the term for this case. That is, you can put node 35 between nodes 14 and 15 -- although this is an easy way to get confused and probably should be avoided -- or you can have personality 10 use node 10-15 and node 20.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00