How do I export a map?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How do I export a map?
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #0
Hi! If you read the BoA Manual, you'll see a walkthrough for a scnario, and in the end you'll see the maps of some levels. What I would like to know is how did he that? How can I port a town/outdoor map to a picture?

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #1
Hum... Could it be that he just used used a screenshot from the editor (with the map zoomed out)? :)

--------------------

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #2
Or he "print-screened" and cropped the image to size?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #3
He's been doing that since A1. I vaguely remember him saying that he uses an automated program to scroll through the zoomed out editor and take screenshots.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
Man, it would be nice to get our hands on that program... and since I know he LURKS around here, what do you say, Jeff? What is the program, and can we have it?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4119
Profile #5
Not trying to drag up that old topic, but I'm an Exile, not an Avernum.

How about a 2d graphic set for Avernum Blades? Set all walls as blocked terrain, would this make importing easier?
Apprentice
Member # 4119
Profile #6
It would still be all wierd & diagonal (probally even wierder as perspective would be messed up), but atleast u could explore forests! You can already choose your door bashers with my scripts, soon exile will return!
Apprentice
Member # 4119
Profile #7
:D Ooops!

EXport, i see....

:(
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Just call me Kel:

Man, it would be nice to get our hands on that program... and since I know he LURKS around here, what do you say, Jeff? What is the program, and can we have it?
Jeeeeeeeeff! Where are you? ;) :) :) :)

--------------------

--------------