My first stupid question (of many, no doubt)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: My first stupid question (of many, no doubt)
Apprentice
Member # 4656
Profile #0
Where the heck is that stupid keg? How can I design a respectable tavern with no keg? If you answered, 'you can't, silly,' then you're right!

So where's the keg? Maybe I'm just looking too hard. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

--------------------
I ain't no ******* son of a *****.
You better think about it, baby.
Warrior
Member # 4631
Profile #1
Yeah, I'm blind too... I spent about 20 minutes looking for the kegs and crates. They're actually on the main toolbar (with the pencil and paintbrushes and things). Row 5, column 4.

--------------------
"'I saw the duckling hatch and disappear.
Sadly I ask who may have taken it.'"
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
That's not a keg, that's a barrel. There ARE kegs in BoA, though- just copy this into your scenario's data file.

begindefineterrain 437;
te_name = "Keg";
te_which_icon = 6;
te_ed_which_icon = 96;
begindefineterrain 438;
te_which_icon = 7;
te_ed_which_icon = 97;

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #3
There are no stupid questions. All questions have wisdom in them. Dont be fearful of asking them.
Apprentice
Member # 4656
Profile #4
Yeah, I found the barrel by sheer accident. Sometimes I like to load the editor and start clicking on things at random, just to see if anything nifty happens. I think I've learned more by doing that than any amount of reading so far. :D

Thanks, Vahnatai Barge. The icons were right, but I had to point to the proper sheets. Also had to block move so my PC's couldn't climb all over it.

Anyhoo, here's what I ended up plugging into my scenario's data script to get the keg up and running, if anyone else is interested:

//Add Keg

begindefineterrain 437;
te_name = "Keg";
te_which_sheet = 720;
te_which_icon = 6;
te_ed_which_sheet = 682;
te_ed_which_icon = 96;
te_full_move_block = 1;
begindefineterrain 438;
te_which_icon = 7;
te_ed_which_icon = 97;
I edited this post so my fellow newbies don't get any bright ideas and decide to start fooling around with corescendata like I did. As Thuryl points out below: Not a good idea. Heh.

[ Wednesday, July 07, 2004 19:34: Message edited by: 20eyes ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
If you edit corescendata, the changes you make will only show up on your copy of BoA, not anyone else's -- which means that if other people play your scenario it won't work properly. This is bad. Don't do it.
Apprentice
Member # 4656
Profile #6
Cool, that's what I figured. I'll just script it into the scenario to get around that problem.

I wonder why BoA doesn't 'ship' with the keg anyhow? I know it's in at least one of the stock scenarios (DwtD I think). Wonder why it didn't make the cut for the core data script?

I've looked through all the terrain sheets and can't find any other terrain features that slipped through the cracks like the poor keg seems to have... Are there any more?

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
Yes. Many. I don't entirely know why. Jeff wanted to demonstrate using custom objects scripts so that we would have examples to work from, but other than that I don't know.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00