Towns - Major Problem - HELP!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Towns - Major Problem - HELP!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Does anyone know why I'm haveing this problem... Whenever my party enters a town that I've made, I end up somewhere other than where the entrances are - and it's beginning to be really annoying...

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Warrior
Member # 20
Profile #1
I encountered a problem like this once, perhaps yours is the same, though I can't swear my solution is the only one.

In any regard.. I haven't experimented with it extensively so this may not be perfectly accurate, but I believe the town needs to at least be 3x3, and it may need to be a perfect square.

If you have a smaller one the game does not check what direction you were moving when you entered the town, but rather what square you entered. And how is it to decide which is north, south, east, and west if there are only two available options?

It chooses the default.

If you want to limit the number of entrances to your town, I think you have to block off some of the squares.

Anyhow I don't know for sure that this was your problem, but hopefully so.
Apprentice
Member # 4486
Profile Homepage #2
There's a nifty diagram on page thirty of the documentation that explains this very well.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Alternatively, it's possible you don't have enough free space around the entrances and BoA chokes when it tries to place your characters.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!