uh-oh, I got an idea...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: uh-oh, I got an idea...
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #25
Earlier, I asked about ways to move or delete a town entrance from the outdoor map (as I goof and put one somewhere I no longer wish it to be). Can anyone give me some instructions about how to do that? Please, remember, I'm a newbie designer, use small words and easy to understand instructions. :D

--------------------
The Home of 8-bit Theater!

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #26
Edit the town entrance (to set it to leading to a different town number) and then hit cancel instead of entering a number.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #27
Ooh, okay, thanks! That did the trick.

--------------------

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #28
Okay, yes I double posted, but 's been a while since I came with another question. Does anyone know if it would be possible to make a creature carry around a field of darkness? If it is possible, I'd love to get help on it. I figured that would set the stage for a very interesting fight. I want to make it so that when the party encounters these things outside, all they see is a bunch of dark areas advancing on them. Then, whenever a character gets near one of the beasties, the beastie is only momentarily visible. Like I said, this would be really cool, but I haven't got a clue about how I'd go about making that happen.

--------------------

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Apprentice
Member # 4258
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Ragnarok Hellcaller:

Okay, yes I double posted, but 's been a while since I came with another question. Does anyone know if it would be possible to make a creature carry around a field of darkness? If it is possible, I'd love to get help on it. I figured that would set the stage for a very interesting fight. I want to make it so that when the party encounters these things outside, all they see is a bunch of dark areas advancing on them. Then, whenever a character gets near one of the beasties, the beastie is only momentarily visible. Like I said, this would be really cool, but I haven't got a clue about how I'd go about making that happen.
Hmm... you could probably do it if you used a black floor type set to block all view through it for the darkness. You'd just have to build it into the creature's script by making them change all the floor surrounding them into darkness whenever they take a step, and change the floor they just left back to what it was originally.
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #30
Okay, more questions...

If a beastie is in a dark area, can it still use missile attacks?

If said beastie is in darkness, does its armor class improve?

Is it possible to change the lighting on the wandering monster encounter areas?

Finally, has anyone made any creature sheets for dwarves? You know, the short, bearded dudes with the subterranean home decor? :D

--------------------

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
If a beastie is in a dark area, can it still use missile attacks?
Yes.

quote:
If said beastie is in darkness, does its armor class improve?
No.

quote:
Is it possible to change the lighting on the wandering monster encounter areas?
I don't see a call to change lighting anywhere in the docs, although Jeff promised us it'd be there... right now I think the answer is no.

quote:
Finally, has anyone made any creature sheets for dwarves? You know, the short, bearded dudes with the subterranean home decor?
Not that I know of. The place I'd look is the Louvre, and it doesn't have any dwarves that I saw.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #32
I'm trying to find where the icon adjustment info is in the docs, but I must be blind tonight, because I can't see it. Can anyone help out this poor, struggling designer? :confused:
Warrior
Member # 250
Profile #33
Icon ajustment is in Chapter 2.3 of the main docs starting at 48 and ending on page 49.

Pages