Text Bubbles and Cutscenes

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Text Bubbles and Cutscenes
Apprentice
Member # 4268
Profile #0
A problem I am trying to solve at the moment is how to do text bubbles.

Mainly I want to know how I can make a textbubble appear for a few turns then dissapear for a few turns and then come back and so forth.

I also would like to know how you make one textbubble after the other come because I can't seem to make it work! :eek:

Oh and another thing. Can someone help me out with this cutscene stuff i can't figure it out!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

--------------------
He strikes silently with large claws..........and webbed feet!
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #1
What I do to put "Zzzz..." bubbles on a sleeping character in one of my towns is something like:

if ((get_current_tick() % 2) == 0) {
// put up your bubble here
}

That makes it appear every other 'tick'. Changing the modulus (of course) changes the number of turns between it showing up.

In a cutscene, a string of text bubbles would look something like this:

text_bubble_on_char(6, "I'm talking...");
force_instant_terrain_redraw(); // draw it
pause(20); // give player time to read it
text_bubble_on_char(6, ""); // clear last bubble
text_bubble_on_char(6, "Saying something else...");
force_instant_terrain_redraw();
pause(20);

etc.

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #2
In all Jeff scenario bubbles disapear very fast (like after 1s) it's very boring. I have set game speed at slowest but that changed nothing. If authors can avoid that, I strongly suggest they do. Well out of cutscene it's perhaps not possible?

[ Tuesday, April 20, 2004 02:09: Message edited by: Vent ]
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #3
It is possible - the pause(10) call (where 10 is the number of seconds in tenths of seconds) allows this.
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #4
Cool, but a stupid question, can a scenario gives an option to the player for standard bulles (perhaps out of cutscene), stores it somewhere like in a flag done cell and use its value each time a standard bubbles is show? Ha well the answer is probably yes. :)