BoA editor 1.0.1 pdf doc up to date?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: BoA editor 1.0.1 pdf doc up to date?
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #0
I have downloaded BoA editor 1.0.1 and noticed that the .doc files are v1.1 but pdf only v10.

Are the pdf docs up to date?? I don't have word and checking it in texedit will be a crap.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #1
I'm reasonably certain the version number just wasn't changed on the PDF (though the PDF itself was). At any rate, I use the PDF exclusively and gripe at Jeff if it doesn't match up to reality. ;)

-spyderbytes

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Apprentice
Member # 3618
Profile #2
The PDF's are not up to date. See, for example, the mis-description of "give_ter_script_message" in the PDF but not in the DOC.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #3
Hmm... I can't tell you what it was, now, but I specifically remember seeing something that changed in the PDF from what was provided with the 1.0 editor. I believe it was a call that was removed, now that I think about it. Based on that, I assumed the PDF was up to date except for version number.

Regardless, I have no convenient way to use Word DOCs (and hate them anyway), so I'll be sticking to the PDF and continue pointing out when it's wrong. :)

-spyderbytes

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #4
spyderbytes I sign the flame petition requiring the up to date pdf. Could you take the job to take the petition to the competent authorities? :D
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #5
The .pdf will be updated far less often than the .doc because making .pdf files is a pain in the ass. You can't edit them like you can edit text. :(

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #6
Then how about at least having Word convert to an .html from the .doc when you modify it? (says he who really, really hates Word) Or heck, just dump the text into a BBEdit file. Anything but Word format.

Hmm... guess I DO have both AppleWorks and Mariner Write, looking in my Applications folder, that can read a .doc (in addition to Word itself, for that matter--though I refuse to even launch it if I can help it). Just being my usual "grumpy old man" self, I guess... :D

Still, I really prefer PDFs for documentation. Isn't it just a matter of "printing" it (to a file) to make the PDF? Docs don't have to be "pretty"...

EDIT: You can grab a "down'n'dirty" conversion of the 1.1 docs to PDF from my iDisk. No bookmarks, and some of the pictures don't line up all pretty-like. If someone wants to spend the time to do a "proper" conversion, I'll let you upload them to my iDisk (which is just a trial account I set up expressly for this purpose, anyway :) ).

This is just for folks like me who are just searching the docs 99.9% of the time, anyway.

[ Sunday, April 18, 2004 19:58: Message edited by: spyderbytes ]

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #7
Acrobat distiller (or another name like that) doesn't allow edit text in the pdf?

The export to html is an idea, I'm not sure it will look good on any computers.

Perhaps export in rtf will be ok to be read with textedit?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
As I understand it, PDFs are a publication-only format; once a PDF's been finished, it can't easily be changed.

I like RTFs, but most people don't.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!