award_party_xp bug

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: award_party_xp bug
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #0
The docs say the call award_party_xp can give up to 1000 xp at once. I can't get the call to give more than 500, however. It will display the message that the experience was given, but the characters' experience in their Infos will not rise, and they will not gain levels. Under 500 works fine, and over 1000 works the way you would expect (it displays that it gave 0), but between 500 and 1000 functions in this strange way. I think the related call award_char_xp has the same problem.

I noticed this only because I was making a High Level Party Maker for my scenario, Tarl Kudrick-style. (If anyone wants it, by the way, give me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.)

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2711
Profile #1
just put 499 and say it's 500, nobody will whine about 1xp

and about the high-level party-maker, im sure its better that doing the scenarios over again ;) felipecuello263@hotmail.com
Posts: 126 | Registered: Wednesday, February 26 2003 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Sent. Oh, I just realized: I meant to write out a help file to go along with it for ease of tinkering, but I hadn't done this yet.

500 works fine, but 501 doesn't. And since I was trying to make the party level 35-40 (approximately), it was clear that 35000 wouldn't work at all. I used a While controller to do this, but I couldn't figure out for a bit why giving 1000 xp 35 times did nothing. :)

By the way, I meant if other scenario designers wanted it for inclusion (with presumable customization) with their scenarios. It will be available as part of the download of my scenario when my scenario is finished.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00