make npc visible after death?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: make npc visible after death?
Apprentice
Member # 4168
Profile #0
I'm trying to create a character - actually an arrow shooting wall - that when destroyed will not disappear. I've got the script down, all except the post-death disappearing act problem. Please help!

--------------------
Guyute was the ugly pig who walked on me and danced a jig that he had learned when he was six - then stopped and did some other tricks. Like pulling weapons from his coat and holding them against my throat. He lectured me in language strange - then scampered quickly out of range.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #1
Just off the top of my head... the first thing I'd probably try is to call set_terrain() from the creature's DEAD_STATE to draw a normal wall where it was (if I'm understanding what you're doing). I'm almost positive DEAD_STATE is called (just) before the dead creature disappears.

-spyderbytes

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Apprentice
Member # 4168
Profile #2
Ahaa! I think you're on to something there. I'll try it out and see how it works - thanks.

--------------------
Guyute was the ugly pig who walked on me and danced a jig that he had learned when he was six - then stopped and did some other tricks. Like pulling weapons from his coat and holding them against my throat. He lectured me in language strange - then scampered quickly out of range.
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #3
Actualy I would suggest just drawing the graphic on top of the wall and placing an ordinary wall where you want the monster to be, kind of like the way wall decorations are done.
Apprentice
Member # 4168
Profile #4
I tried what you suggested a few days ago Kennedy. It looked kinda strange - maybe I should have messed with the icon_offset more. I've used the dead_state set_terrain suggestion (see above) and it worked fantastically.

Thanks for both of your suggestions! Now if I can figure out a way to create a new form of transportation, I'll really be in business.

--------------------