hidden groups

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: hidden groups
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #0
Once you've activated a hidden group (with activate_hidden_group()), is there any way to make the group hidden again (short of the party leaving town and returning, of course)?

-spyderbytes

--------------------
-spyderbytes
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
Not per se. You can always use the erase_char() and spawn_creature() call, but that is probably what you are not hoping to do.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #2
Exactly what I hoped to avoid. ;) Although erase_char on the first group coupled with a second hidden group (same creatures, just different group number) might not be TOO bad, I guess...

Thanks, anyway. :)

-spyderbytes

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #3
You could try -

move_to_new_town(1,x,y);

Where Town 1, is the town they are already in, and x, y are their current co-ordinates. I'm fairly sure this resets groups.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #4
On a side note, hidden classes, when you kill them, are not counted as killed. If a char_ok check is made once a hidden class is slain, they are still ok. Activating the same hidden class twice (after the first has died) yields two of the same monsters.

This could be bad, as in the case of checking char_ok, but also good in some cases.

Not that this has much to do with the topic. I just wanted to make this bug(?) known.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #5
Give Morgan a cigar... calling move_to_new_town() with arguments of the party's current town and location does indeed reset the group to be hidden again. :)

If I'm understanding you, Eldiran, that's irrelevant in my case. I activate the hidden group to participate in a cutscene when the party first enters the town. Once the cutscene is over, I want them hidden unless/until the town turns hostile (why I hid them in the first place :) ). The number of guards needs to be "beefier" than what the player sees just wandering around (i.e., making this town hostile will be a BIG mistake ;) ).

-spyderbytes

--------------------
-spyderbytes