Typo in Docs: set_attitude

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Typo in Docs: set_attitude
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #0
In the editor, I spend ~30 minutes looking for some way to set a creature's attitude. It hadn't occured to me yet to use "set_attitude(a,b)", because it was listed as "short set_attitude(a,b)". Could you (Jeff), in the next version of the editor or at least in the .zip file from whence the editor is obtained, fix this please? Thanks! (I, AFAIK, probably won't be the only person to become confused by this.)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #1
Maybe I'm just stupid, but how is that a typo?

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #2
Confused me, too. :) I suppose he's saying because it lists it as returning a short when it (in all likelihood, at least) has no return value. I suppose it MIGHT return a 0 or 1 based on success/failure; but if so, the docs don't elaborate.

At any rate, I gather he was searching for something with a void return value, rather than a short.

-spyderbytes

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
At any rate, I gather he was searching for something with a void return value, rather than a short.
Yes. It should say "void," not "short."

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #4
And here's another... the docs say there's a void move_to_loc_x_y(short x, short y). Try to use it, though, and the application tells you it's an unknown call the moment it tries to load the script (both in 1.0 and the new beta).

On a hunch, I shortened the call to move_to_loc(), and the application doesn't complain... until it's ready to run that line of code. Then it tells me wrong number/type of parameters. It doesn't work with the syntax above or move_to_loc(short char, short x, short y) (still wrong number/type).

The really odd thing (of course) is that move_to_loc doesn't exist at all, as far as the docs are concerned. ;) Yet it's there, if one only knew what sort of parms it expects...

So... until this gets sorted out, anyone have any suggestions for getting an NPC to move to a specific location? Waypoints maybe?

-syderbytes

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #5
This call is currently broken. It will be implemented properly when I upgrade the scenario format.

- Jeff

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com