Cresent Valley help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Cresent Valley help
Apprentice
Member # 6794
Profile #0
How do I finish the scenario without killing the she-devil? I have the doll, but I can't give it too her because my adventurers are stupid and just want to have sex with her :rolleyes: . (As a side note, I love how this scenario just assumes your character(s) are all either male or lesbian. I started with a female singleton and ended up just changed her name from Adrienne to Adrien and changing the graphic) Just putting it in the chest doesn't seem to work.

[ Tuesday, April 11, 2006 15:31: Message edited by: Nora ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Reloading and trying again seems to help you get more favorable dialogue options. I ended up just reloading about five times to get through the encounter.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
Does it work to hit Escape while in that dialogue? If so, just do that when you've run out of options, then try and talk again.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 6794
Profile #3
I've tried that several times. You are supposed to use "I have your doll", right? I never get any option after that besides "Enough talk about the doll, let's do it"
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
I've always thought that the coding here is a little weird. Apparently the odds of you losing control are determined by a get_ran call, which rolls one die from 1 to the total Willpower in your group, and if the die is higher than the highest individual amount of Willpower in your group, then you lose control.

That is, the most advantageous situation for this die roll is to concentrate all of your party's Willpower in one individual. You could use the character editor to do this and then change it right back, or you could just do it over and over against until the random number comes up in your favor.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

I've always thought that the dialogue here is a little weird.
FYT. I hate the dialogue for CV.

I'd been starting to think it was just a random number call, without any reference to stats.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 5294
Profile Homepage #6
With version 1.0.3, the code actually does a random role from 1 to parties will power + parties luck and if less than 5, set the succumbing flag. This was an attempt to make it better (easier) for singletons (or less than 4 character parties). I thought SW had the latest version, but you never know. Let me know if you don't have 1.0.3.
Apprentice
Member # 6794
Profile #7
erm...I was actually using a god party, since I'd already beaten this scenario and just wanted to see if I could do it without killing the she-devil. I've got well over 100 Hardiness :confused:
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
I'd bet that the stats on your god party are messing with the random rolls in the script.

As a general rule, using a god party may cause otherwise perfectly acceptable scenarios to go awry, so I'd advise against using one unless you really know what you're doing.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #9
Just keep trying over and over by pressing escape when your non-having-sex options run out. I discovered this the hard way because I wanted to find out how many ways I could kill her with my two person party. On the third or fourth attempt, I was suddenly presented with options to return the doll peacefully. Go figure.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.