Utility skills

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Utility skills
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #0
Does anyone happen to know if, how, and where the four Jeff-made scenarios check Arcane Lore, Nature Lore, and Tool Use, especially in ZKR and DWTD?

I'm particularly interested in what level of each of these skills it is reasonable to expect a party that has just finished ZKR and DWTD to have.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
*bump*

Does anyone have a save file from just after ZKR or DWTD? Just check it and let me know what level you have each of these skills at.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
I remember that ASR had some doors requiring up to 18 Tool Use, but those also had keys. It also had one encounter requiring a party total of about 20 Nature Lore. I don't think either ZKR or DwtD have very many Nature Lore or Tool Use checks.

Because of the way skill costs increase as you raise them, I wouldn't recommend requiring much more than 20 Tool Use and maybe 30 Nature Lore for anything in a scenario of any level, or half that for anything that's required to access a major part of the scenario.

Rune Reading is tricky -- I'd actually recommend teaching spells to individual party members based on their own Rune Reading skill, since it kinda screws over singletons if you do it on a whole-party basis. I'm not sure what a reasonable value is, though. Around 10 for mages and 15 for priests, probably.

[ Thursday, February 16, 2006 15:16: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
It's possible to adjust the level of a skill based on how many members are in a party. When I design, I require a lower level for a skill for 1-2 members in a party and a higher value if there are 3-4 members.

Dikiyoba.