Simple questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Simple questions
Apprentice
Member # 5923
Profile #0
I have just started playing BoA with a registered copy and hint book. I have two puzzlements:

1. Search Sage House in scenario 1. I found it and the magic barrier which my crew can pass throgh. But search of either bookcase reveals nothing. Bug? (I use windows) or am I doing something wrong?

2. Do you have to finish the first scenario to start another one? And what goes with you to next one? Experience but what else?

I am still in the Magery school, near the end of level 1. My crew is now level 7 as I explored the whole outdoors but I wanted to peek at the next scenario.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
1. If I recall correctly, you just approach the bookcase, and you get a message which says that you find nothing. You're not supposed to find anything. In fact, the way to finish the quest is to go back to that librarian and tell her that you didn't find anything useful.

2. You have to finish the scenario in order to take your party to the next one, unless you take them out of it with the Character Editor. And very nearly everything goes with you to the next scenario. The only things that don't:
-NPCs who joined your party
-special items
-quests
-special abilities gained during the scenario (outside of the normal ones, i.e: the ones you get from Divinely Touched)
-items with graphics specific to the scenario (note: this goes for Apple Pie in small rebellion, so they won't carry over)
-items which are specific to one scenario's scripts (such as the Opening Stone in Valley of the Dying Things)

Beyond that, all items, experience, skills, and traits carry over.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #2
Hey, a short tip from me:

If you carry your party out of a scenario through the editor, the "visitied scenarios" stays like it was before you entered it. And if you finish "Valley of Dying Things", the best choice to train a good party is maybe to play "A Perfect Forest".

There are some really useful items, which can be carried to any other scenarios!!!

[ Saturday, November 26, 2005 13:42: Message edited by: Slith Lord ]

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Um, Ephesos, you don't have to finish the first scenario to play the next one. You can play them in whatever order you want, although you shouldn't start Za-Kazi Run with a level one party unless you're pretty experienced with the game.

Also, you don't need to finish the scenario even after you started, since all of the first towns offer a means of ending the game prematurely. Just leave through the other exit, and you're out. There might be some one-way stuff in Zakazi Run (waterfalls), which would disable you from returning to the start, but I'm not sure.

Edit: This goes only for the scenarios that came with the game, of course. Many of the user-made ones don't let you leave before finishing - although it is good form among scenario designers to offer that option when it doesn't conflict with the plot.

[ Saturday, November 26, 2005 13:48: Message edited by: NaNoWriMo ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
Okay, I stand corrected. I didn't actually mean that you had to play VoDT first, however. I thought Shapliest was asking whether or not you could just start another scenario while you were in the middle of VoDT.

In short, I was confused, listen to Aran.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

2. You have to finish the scenario in order to take your party to the next one, unless you take them out of it with the Character Editor. And very nearly everything goes with you to the next scenario. The only things that don't:
-special abilities gained during the scenario (outside of the normal ones, i.e: the ones you get from Divinely Touched)

Does this also include the ritual of sanctification?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by NaNoWriMo:

Um, Ephesos, you don't have to finish the first scenario to play the next one. You can play them in whatever order you want, although you shouldn't start Za-Kazi Run with a level one party unless you're pretty experienced with the game.
:D

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

Does this also include the ritual of sanctification?
Yup. If you ever get Ritual of Sanctification, it's removed as soon as you leave the scenario.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!