any more games like these?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: any more games like these?
Apprentice
Member # 6316
Profile #0
i'm amazed at how such a game like Avernum 3 is making me wanting more. i remember playing Castle of the Winds, a rather old game that is similar to Avernum 3. don't worry, i'll get to the point.
i realize that spiderweb software is prolly the only gaming company to dish out good small RPG's in a comparatively short amount of time, including make editors for them. a wonderful company. i'm almost done playing avernum 3, and then i'll play blades of avernum and work at making my own scenarios, edit my character's portraits, etc. then i will play Geneforge 3. but after that i guess i'm done :(
so, not to disrespect spiderweb software, but what other similar RPG's are out there that i could play? keep in mind i'm on a weak computer and have 56k, so the download needs to be under 100 megs. thanks
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
If you liked Castle of the Winds, you may enjoy other Roguelikes such as Nethack, Angband or even ADOM. If you want something that plays a little more like a traditional RPG, I suppose you could try Realmz, although be forewarned that it's buggy and awkward.

[ Monday, September 26, 2005 19:49: Message edited by: Structured Water ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #2
If you don't mind the graphics/engine of the Exile series, get Blades of Exile. There are enough scenarios to keep you busy for literally years.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

If you don't mind the graphics/engine of the Exile series, get Blades of Exile. There are enough scenarios to keep you busy for literally years.
Castle of the Winds doesn't have spectacularly good graphics either (if you couldeven call them good).

Also, MM tried making a RPG game thing. It didn't work out the best, but it's good for an hour or two, as you can always repeat the level.

- Archmagus Micael

[ Monday, September 26, 2005 21:55: Message edited by: Archmagus Micael ]

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)