Dynamic Duos?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Dynamic Duos?
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #0
Following in the vein of my previous post, what are some good possible and workable duo character parties I could use with BoA add-on scenarios? Or for Avernum games in general? Is it reasonable or even possible to go through BoA add on scenarios and work my way up to Bahssikava with a duo character party? I want to start at level one and work my own party up without replaying the main four quests of BoA if at all possible.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
It's certainly possible. My favorite starts out with a fighter/priest and a mage/priest.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #2
Would you care to elaborate on how you allocate points and tasks to this duo? I'm guessing your fighter/priest is much like the singleton slith fighter/priest you like to use.

Does the mage/priest accumulate Tool Use? Does he/she carry a bow? I take it that for the fighter you pump up the pole use, then enough melee to get Blademaster, then pump that up. At any point is it possible to switch the slith over to a melee weapon or will he always be behind in melee? Of course he has the natural pole weapon bonuses to begin with, so it would seem less efficient. I know that the sword gleaned from, what is it...Canopy(?)...is very powerful.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #3
Archer/thief/mage Nephil custom, and archer/fighter/priest custom combo. Thay work OK, but somtimes need some help with extra chars.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
If your strength is high enough, someone with 0 melee skill can still be extremely effective with melee weapons.

Either can begin to accumulate Tool Use - I like to put it on the fighter/priest mainly because the mage/priest has mage and priest skill levels that are extremely expensive to raise.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
For my main party, I started out with a mage/fighter and a fighter/archer/priest. It worked surprisingly well - especially the mage/fighter combo. In BoE, Encumbrance is far more hindering to magic than it is in BoA. Here, Natural Mage is enough to pretty much eliminate this effect.

Another thing that BoE players need to "unlearn" when playing BoA is the uselessness of archery. BoA archery, given the right weaponry, is devastating.

Summoning, also, has become negligibly less useless (that's "less useless", not "more useful") because of the lack of area spells that summoned monsters always get in the way of.

[ Wednesday, September 14, 2005 01:01: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.