Backwater Calls

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Backwater Calls
Apprentice
Member # 6264
Profile #0
Yeah, I'm a little behind the times.

I'm working on Backwater Calls.
I've been doing fairly well and enjoying the game. I'm currently in the dungeon of the old fort that the demons have taken over. I've fought my way through, I have the enchanted amulet, and I got the invulnerability bracelet. Is there a way to face the main haakai here, or do I have to go somewhere else? Is there a trick to the falling tiles, or is that just a trap? Any help would be appreciated.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #1
So have you made it through the falling tiles bit? The haakai's supposed to be beyond that part in the room with the throne and lava and everything.

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Apprentice
Member # 6264
Profile #2
I have not made it through the falling tiles bit. I've tried numerous times, and I keep falling to my death every way I try. Is there a trick to it? I hate to spoil the puzzle, but I just want to move on.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #3
There's no trick, really. Now if I remember correctly, this should get you through: when the first tiles drop move diagonally south towards the wall (either way will work), then move diagonally back towards the center and when you're there move out of the room.

Hope this gets you through.

edit: And uh, hope that was clear enough.

[ Friday, September 02, 2005 08:20: Message edited by: Smoo ]

--------------------
Get them here
Apprentice
Member # 6264
Profile #4
So far, every combination of steps I can imagine leads to me being killed. I enter the room, the tiles fall. Since the tiles have fallen to my right and to my left, I take one step forward. From this point, I can take one step to the right or the left, but when I try to move beyond that in any direction, I die.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #5
You can go backwards too. It's completely safe. Those two tiles at the corners are safe.

--------------------
Get them here
Apprentice
Member # 6264
Profile #6
D'oh! I'm dumb. I was in the habit of using the four arrow keys alone. I forgot there were other options. Thanks for your help!