Lord Putidus: Really, REALLY difficult? Something wrong??!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Lord Putidus: Really, REALLY difficult? Something wrong??!
Warrior
Member # 2147
Profile #0
Is it just me, or is this scenario really, REALLY difficult for a level 1 party? Even the default party or a minmaxed party? I mean you're fighting a bunch of WORGS at level 1 with a party with no items, and no chances to sleep in a town... am I just doing something wrong? What gives? I'm used to playing on torment, and I dont like having to go back down to easy....
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
The key to this scenario is pain. Fight what you can to level up and use potions liberally- they regenerate as soon as you use them.

(Not that there's any TACTICAL way to deal with the monsters in front of you- 'cuz that would defeat the point of the new system.)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Your party does have items. In particular, first aid kits and javelins (you did remember to pick those up in the first town, right?), and potions (you have a special ability for making them -- check out the Use Ability screen.)

You should probably just run away from most of the outdoor wandering monsters, though.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 2147
Profile #3
The potions regenerate?

*blinks*

Oh. So just use them and then do the skill to find them again?

Is there any reason to get nature lore in this game?

And I do know basic BoA tactics.... of course, I had to modify tactics for this scenerio, what with no spells or anything... my only way to get blessed and stuff is potions, divinely touched and elite warrior... but its tough to rest for the divinely touched/elite warrior tho...

[ Monday, April 18, 2005 17:45: Message edited by: GavinFox ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
No.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
The biggest difficulty with the combat in this scenario is adjusting to the engine modifications. Once you've adjusted, it gets really easy really quickly.

If you used the "pre-fab party" (so to speak), you have a trie fighter, a fighter-thrower, a first-aider (who I like to switch to the fourth spot), and a pure thrower.

Make liberal use of the pila, and buy more in Timoria when you get there. Gold is a bit sparse in this scenario, but if you do the sidequests and don't buy too many first aid kits, you should be able to get a supply of pila to last you through the rest of the scenario.

Re-stock your potions in the outdoors between every fight, and distribute them between your fighters and throwers. And when all else fails, run away.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00