Special Encounter Help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Special Encounter Help
Apprentice
Member # 5279
Profile #0
I don't know if this is the right forum or not. But I need some major help with making special encounters. First of all I'm using Jeff Vogel's version of the Windows editor. It's the only windows editor I can find!! I have a portal scenario exit. Also I'm working on some spell tomes. I can't find an error in the script file but the game WON'T call the script for the exit or the books.The script looks fine and the blue encounter square has the right script number in it. Could someone PLEASE send me a STEP BY STEP guide to special encounters for dummies. Jeff's instructions might as well be gibberish for all the help they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Gotta keep Dancin' the weasels have almost got me!!!!!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
One problem you may be running into is that town details including special encounter rectangle locations are stored in savefiles. If you entered the scenario with your party and saved, then added the special encounters in the editor afterwards, then as far as that saved game is concerned the rectangles still aren't there.

For future reference, Erik Westra's BoA Cookbook generally provides more useful instructions than the manual:

http://dnet.com/erik/BoA/cookbook/

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Also, get the Windows 3D Editor here. It will make your life easier.

Oh, and you may find my article to be of some use in conjunction with the Cookbook linked above.

[ Monday, March 14, 2005 21:54: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Is the Wikified version of the cookbook still up, by the way? I can't find it anywhere.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5279
Profile #4
Thanks Keladon that 3D Editor. Solved all of my problems!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

--------------------
Gotta keep Dancin' the weasels have almost got me!!!!!