Question - Any battles?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Question - Any battles?
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #0
If this has been on any other forum, then pardon me.I haven't been on the Forums for ages.

Anyway...

I was just wandering, will you be able to "stage" battles in BoA?
So that you decide in advance who will do how much damage and who will use which spells?
It would be really cool, cause then I could make a HUGE Nephil vs. Slith war, where I decide who wins. (Nephilim^_^)

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #1
You mean like an animation. Well, you could do it a bit like it currently can be done in BoE (with frame animation and the like). I suspect, however, that it might be possible to script the monsters in BoA when it comes out, although I don't know whether there might be limit to the number of monster scripts in a town or not, meaning that *huge* battles might not be possible.

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #2
Hope so.

DOWN WITH MONSTER LIMITS!

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #3
And down with items per town limits, too.

--------------------
PhoenixNinjas!
Ninja-Moderation!
What we need is Urban Wisdom!
Vote Wise Man!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
Yes, these battles will be possible. However, I'm pretty sure that there will still be item/town limits.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #5
Unless he changed his mind without telling us, I believe he said a town limit of 200 was where he put his foot down. Not sure about items, but I hope it's not low... 'cuz I'm gunna be using a lot of 'em.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #6
Well, you can just edit out the useless items that will be included. I was talking about items per town limit.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
(TGM)
Veteran*
Member # 2286
Profile #7
It really sucks. Only one important item left to be placed, and.. "You can't have more than blah blah blah.." Then you'll just have to delete some stick lying on the ground.. :)

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]