How Does One Become A Hero?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How Does One Become A Hero?
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #0
I have two characters that are ranked as lords, one as an arch wizard, one as a high priest. Supposedly there is a ranking called Hero-- what balance for the character stats are required to become a hero? I think this title is available at the highest levels. I would like one of the lord characters to become a hero. I am wondering if there are any higher rankings? When does a party become a god party?

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
My level-250 god party consists entirely of Lords, so it seems that's one of the highest ranks.

I just tried putting the premade party through the HLPM up to level 100, WITHOUT training any of their stats. When I did this, Ssschah turned out as a Hero. (Aldous was a Lord, Cordelia was a High Priest and Mycroft was a Wizard.) If I trained him exclusively in dexterity, bows, thrown missiles and sharpshooter, Ssschah remained a hero.

It seems that Hero is a catchall for high-level characters who don't meet the criteria for any other class. As far as I can tell, the only reasonable way to make one is with a pure non-melee, non-spellcasting archer character.

EDIT: Further experiments with levelling up Ssschah without raising his stats:

Level 1 = Novice
Level 5 = Wandered (sic)
Level 10 = Mercenary
Level 15 = Rogue
Level 20 = Explorer
Level 25 = Protector
Level 30 = Defender
Level 35 = Champion
Level 40 = Hero

So to be a hero, it seems that a character must reach level 40 without attaining certain critical values in Melee Weapons, Pole Weapons, Mage Spells or Priest Spells. It's worth noting that these critical values are very low -- even the other premade characters' level-1 stats are enough to set them on the other three class paths.

If I get the time and nobody else does it first, I might also do a few experiments on how the other three class paths relate to each other.

[ Saturday, February 26, 2005 17:03: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #2
Thats weird you would think any party with characters over level 60 or so should be some form of hero. But then maybe a lord is better. Whats a Lord any way? I'v never seen a Lord capable of dealing 500 damadge. Heros on the other hand yes.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.