Machinery

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Machinery
Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #0
I'm down in Machinery trying to figure out where to place the mirrors (must admit I never like those).I do have a beam directed at the Power Source behind the wall which is then directed at the second power source by the door. Yet when I try to open it to get to the next task it will not open no matter how long I wait. Can anyone help me on this? I'm confused about the location in the Hints file. Thanks in advance.

PS. Kelandon, great game so far.

--------------------
My head is longer my own - I am furious. When will my torment end?... If anybody is frustrated or unhappy in this lycee, it is me! They will make me lose my head. - Jean-Francois Champolloin
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
I'm not totally clear which place you're talking about. There are three rooms with puzzles, each of which with two sources in front of them, which you must solve before you can go through the big doors. The big doors have four sources, all of which must be lit before you can go through.

Basically, the idea here is that the sources near doors have to be lit for the doors to open, just like the first door in the town.

It's a bit hard to describe without screenshots, so if you need serious assistance, I'll try to load something up.

EDIT: Oh, and thank you. :)

[ Friday, February 25, 2005 11:55: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5339
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Odile von Rothborne:

I'm down in Machinery trying to figure out where to place the mirrors (must admit I never like those).I do have a beam directed at the Power Source behind the wall which is then directed at the second power source by the door. Yet when I try to open it to get to the next task it will not open no matter how long I wait. Can anyone help me on this? I'm confused about the location in the Hints file. Thanks in advance.

PS. Kelandon, great game so far.

i think that the problem is that you need 3 beams on the door before it will open. I got frustrated in beta testing too, i thought that one beam would do to open the door, but figured out it took 3 beams for that door.
Warrior
Member # 5212
Profile #3
WHAT!!! I have Racked my brains and iritated any innocent Bystanders trying to find out the fourth beam projecting room. Do I only nead three?

--------------------
The whole purpose of your life Might just be to serve as a warning to others.
Build a man a Fire and he will be warm for a day, set a man on Fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
[b]Meow! Subvert the dominant Paradigm! Meow! Meow![b] Wizard's Cat in A2
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
There are only three puzzle rooms. You do, however, need to light all four sources. Use the mirrors in the hallways to light the fourth.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #5
A few days later and I've only progressed so far... I am now at the third room where the doors are already opened for you. I've tried everything but I'm still not getting anywhere with this. The fourth power source will not come on. :mad:

Could somebody please tell me where to put the mirrors? I'm not using MAC so the party location does not apply to me (unless some very clever person has figured out where it is on a PC). Thanks.

--------------------
My head is longer my own - I am furious. When will my torment end?... If anybody is frustrated or unhappy in this lycee, it is me! They will make me lose my head. - Jean-Francois Champolloin
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #6
As Thuryl said, the fourth power source cannot be triggered in a room.
You remember the first room you went to in the west? It had a laser beam close by. Use the mirrors in the hallway to redirect that beam, so that it lights the fourth source.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
You do have to solve that third puzzle, though.

For reference:

The numbers increase going south and east, so that (0,0) is at the northwest corner (top of your screen).

The northwest corner in the "first" room (the one just west of the entrance hallway) is (14,19), and the northeast corner of it is (28,19). The north-south line of east-facing projectors has its southern-most projector at (25,27).

The southwest corner in the "second" room is (32,32), and the southeast corner is (39,32). The northeast corner (where the mirror redirects down a very narrow hallway) is (39,17).

The northeast corner in the "third" room (the one for which the doors have already been powered) is (39,6). The projector that initially blocks your way with a beam is located at (32,9).

From these coordinates, I think you can just count spaces to figure out the rest. I'll do something to the walkthrough for the next version to make this more clear for Windows users.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #8
What are these 39, 6, etc? Are they the floor grids or something?

EDIT: Never mind, I've figured it out, (I think) and I've finally got the third power source on! Yippee! But how do I get the last source on?

Thanks for your patience on this.

[ Tuesday, March 01, 2005 11:17: Message edited by: Odile von Rothborne ]

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
Yes. Imagine a grid of squares, and the coordinates point to the location.

The weird thing is that the coordinates count south and east as going up, so that if you're at (20,20) and take two steps south, you're at (22,20).

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #10
Yes, I did find that a little strange. Something you created on purpose or was it something that just was?

Oh, what about the last power source by the doors?

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
The coordinates correspond to the coordinates in the editor. I didn't make the system at all -- Jeff did.

Power the last source by the door using the beam in the hall, like powering the door to the "first" puzzle.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #12
Oooooh, I got through after four days!! Yea!

--------------------