help with town design

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: help with town design
Warrior
Member # 5322
Profile #0
so, the 3d editor for windows is out (even though still in midst of testing) and gosh, it's better than the original editor.

anyway, i have decided to myself to draw a town that does not suck, now that i've got nicer tools for that. so far, everything's gone as planned, but now i've run across a minor problem. there's only one kind of waterfall!

IMAGE(http://img71.exs.cx/img71/7079/0015ld.th.png)

as you see, i'd need a different kind of a waterfall here. a custom graphic file would be one option, but i'd rather solve this somehow else for two reasons. 1, custom graphics require work (:-p) and 2, i just might learn something new about fooling around with the custom terrains in order to make them look cool. :-)

suggestions? how to fake a waterfall?

and yes, you will have the honor to take a look at the town and bash it to pieces, once i've finished drawing. ;-)

[ Saturday, February 12, 2005 12:33: Message edited by: kendl ]
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #1
If you mean you want a W-E waterfall instead of a N-S waterfall, use an editor to do a horizontal flip of all the waterfalls graphics.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Warrior
Member # 5322
Profile #2
inserting custom graphics requires some knowledge of how to script?

oh well, i guess it's time to open up the help files, then. :-/

[ Sunday, February 13, 2005 02:46: Message edited by: kendl ] haha, i think i did it, and with only four lines of code! :-)

IMAGE(http://img208.exs.cx/img208/4703/0022xj.th.png)

[ Sunday, February 13, 2005 02:46: Message edited by: kendl ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
What on earth are you talking about? Did you make a custom graphic and insert it (in which case you might want to send that custom graphic to the Louvre so that we all can use it), or did you do some sort of black magic to get this to happen some other way (in which case I want to know what you did)?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5322
Profile #4
a custom graphic. i just flipped the original watergall graphics around.
having done that i created the datafile:

beginscendatascript;
begindefineterrain 421;
import = 335;
te_which_sheet = 500;
perhaps i was a bit unclear, but i'll blame that one on excitement having accomplished this. as simple as it probably is to you all, it was my first real attempt with the editor. :-)

[ Sunday, February 13, 2005 07:24: Message edited by: kendl ]