Canopy- Anything Else?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Canopy- Anything Else?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #0
If anyone has any more suggestions for Canopy, let me know. Otherwise, I'll upload v1.0.3 to my site, send it to Spidweb and be done with it for a good, long while.

( http://tm.desperance.net/Canopy.html )

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #1
I encountered a dangerous bug in the fight with Unum. (I'm not sure if this has been reported before) Basically, the wizards' script failed for some reason; the error message was an infinite loop, I believe.

The problem caused by this was that the proper flag was not incremented on their deaths, leaving the barriers up. It took a while to work around this so I could continue the scenario; I ended up doing the following:
1) Using the character editor to set the proper flag to the right amount
2) Using the character editor to take my party out of town
3) Using the scenario editor to set the tower to take me directly to Unum's floor rather than the ground level

I'm not sure what caused the bug to happen. It might have had something to do with the wizards' targeting system; there were a lot of summoned monsters.

If it's relevant, I was playing with a god party on Mac OS X 10.3.7.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #2
I peeped into the scripts and found still the shadows "hovering about the throne" - nevertheless you deleted the throne-graphics for better visibility. Four times the word "throne" and one time "chair" (t8catacombsdlg.txt).

In the same script there is 14 times "Alderauge" instead of "Adlerauge".

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #3
I know this is about bugs, but how the heck do you get into the western section in the bugbear caverns?

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #4
Sigh* never mind....

--------------------
---------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
spy.there- I'd wager that you are not using the most recent version. Those errors were fixed a long time ago.

wz. arsenic- Wow. You have hideously poor luck. My guess is that it attempted to target character 120 whom does not exist, which was made on account of a brain fart. (The odds of getting this error in particular are 0.83%.) If you can replicate this error more than once, let me know.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #6
Im getting that loop thingy whenever I use Naturshand on Zauberer (sp?)
Every time.
How do I kill him btw?

--------------------
---------------------
Warrior
Member # 5362
Profile #7
you have to use the beams against him. Read the readme for more detailed information.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #8
Okies, thank you!

--------------------
---------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #9
Used Naturshand on a +9999HP character as a God, did you? Methinks you deserve such a fate for cheating so.
( :P )

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Solomon Strokes:

wz. arsenic- Wow. You have hideously poor luck. My guess is that it attempted to target character 120 whom does not exist, which was made on account of a brain fart. (The odds of getting this error in particular are 0.83%.) If you can replicate this error more than once, let me know.
Actually, if you think about it then the bug should be more common than that.

The way your target script works is by choosing a number from 0 to 120, then starting over if the number doesn't represent a living creature. Let's assume that the outcome of getting 120 is breaking the script and causing it not to be called.
Suppose there are 7 friendly characters that are eligible to be targeted, including the party. Every time the random number selector hits a value that doesn't represent a living, friendly character, it starts over, UNLESS that number is 120. If the number is 120, the script crashes when you try to call char_ok. So in that case, the chance of crashing whenever the target routine is called is actually 1 in 8, not 1 in 121. If there are fewer friendly characters, the chance is even higher.

As I was playing a singleton, the chance of getting the errant 120 was increased.

Edit: Come to think of it, that might explain why the particular error I received was an infinite loop. Especially with singletons, the random number generator could go through many iterations before reaching a good number. I don't actually know if it would be enough to cause that error, but it seems possible, especially if Jeff coded some kind of check against infinite loops that wasn't smart enough to realize your loop might end eventually.

[ Thursday, February 10, 2005 18:41: Message edited by: wz. arsenic ]

--------------------