What happened to the GAME of BoA?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What happened to the GAME of BoA?
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #26
Bah! Who needs a demo? A demo will just be like an A3 demo. If the editor demo is going to be anything like BOE demo (which it is) then you can't play any scenarioes that you make, making it next to useless. I know, I know... people could use it for testing, but then again, the demos have all been released at the same time as the full game. So there for, pretty much anyone that would want BOA would just buy the game, not just download a demo that has VODT and a useless editor.

Also... the "BOA Gold" idea isn't a bad one, but it's way too late for Jeff to even consider that.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #27
But that doesn't take into account all the people who may not have heard of spiderweb - with a demo, they might find it on a demo disc and then buy the full version

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #28
Well... I guess so. But man, have they been missin' out or what?!

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #29
I think a demo is extremely important will be one whether we like it or not, but with that point aside, I think it is a wise idea.

The BoA demo allows you to see the potential of the editor and the scenarios created. It shows you what CAN be done with the editor. It will show potential users the quality of the engine and such which is perhaps the most important.

I wouldn't buy a car without giving it at least one test drive. I don't have to test out all the special features, but I would like to see it run at least. Same thing here. We want to give people a chance to take BoA on a "test drive".

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #30
Well I don't know about you, but I'm gunna buy it regardless to what anyone says! Even if PCGamer (my favorite mag, and my precious...) says it sucks, I'll buy it anyway. I usually follow what they say but I've made 2 exceptions. BOA will be mine! :mad:

So maybe YOU want a demo, but I don't! I realize the importance. And I realize we'll get it anyway, but I could care less about it. And that's all I have to say about that.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #31
Instead of getting angry, I'm going to say basically the same thing:
I'm gonna buy it, demo or no demo.

Ug, spelling mistakes.

[ Tuesday, January 14, 2003 20:49: Message edited by: stranger ]

--------------------
DONOR Fat Freddys Drop
Shirow Miwa
Warrior
Member # 2275
Profile #32
i think the way they did BoE was fine, they should just do it exactly the same.

--------------------
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBB Code Images not permitted.
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #33
For hardcore Avernites like us, the editor IS the mian attraction, but what about relative newbies? They need something other than just an editor and a player.

--------------------
Polaris Board
Warrior
Member # 1793
Profile Homepage #34
Of course!

Why do you think Jeff went to all the trouble of making Avernum 1, 2 and 3.

They would serve as perfect examples for Newbies, plus they could download and play Scenerios made by other players too.

--------------------
Leave me alone.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #35
Yea... I'm planning on immediatly starting 2 scenarioes when BOA is released. 1 will be nothing more than a newbie's tour, showing him the ropes. It'll be short and easy, but I'll make it actually good to the point that anyone MIGHT get something out of it (if not xp, just fun).

The other one is just my scenario that I've been planning for a while now.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!

Pages