COMPLETE- Player Character graphics set

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: COMPLETE- Player Character graphics set
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #0
Hope you all enjoy him, and put him to Good use;

my oen name for this pet project of mine, is Aurelian, a fine late Roman name, meant to be somwhat symbolic of Imperial orgins-

NOTE 1; the chairs are currentlly those used for Avernum 3; this will be changed in due time, but not necissarilly any time soon; the reason si because I wanted to play through AV3 with said character, so, I made him, and then I did it :)

NOTE 2;these graphics are in PNG format, because that what i had to upload them as; you wil need to save them, open them up in a paint program, and change them to the needed format for either windows, or Mac- to that end I can olny help with installation, if help is needed, for the windows platform.

IMAGE(http://img187.exs.cx/img187/1558/aureliangamegraphic0uz.png)

IMAGE(http://img187.exs.cx/img187/152/aurelianfaceport8of.png)

IMAGE(http://img187.exs.cx/img187/9142/aurelianpclgport2ts.png)

IMAGE(http://img187.exs.cx/img187/7946/aurelianpcmountedlarge6ab.png)

IMAGE(http://img187.exs.cx/img187/2947/aurelianlittlemounted4rv.png)
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #1
oh yes, please post any suggestion, critiques, or other such comments in thread, and dont be shy :)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
I suggest that you send this to the Louvre, which can always use more good graphics like this.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #3
I though that site only accpeted the "in game" graphic, so to speak, and made no effort to support the various portriats, or mounted graphics though
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
As long as you tell Mr. Bixler what each graphic is (a PC graphic, a PC portrait, etc), I'm pretty sure he'll take anything.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #5
I'll think about it, but I dont think I'll submit until I transfer said Aurelian graphic to proper BOA chairs.

though when that will be, I cant say; I'm tempted to go onto a another project, but looking for a neat concept is the hard part
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #6
That's very good; did you draw the portrait/item screen guy by hand or on a computer?
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #7
I adapted it from artwork i found on the internet, actually; changed the face and hair around alot and what; woudl provide a link, but it seems the site is down at the moment; for future refernce, go here, and lets pray he dosent mind me using some of his work, even if I did make some changes to it;

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/hosted/Pozas/fdp_counter.html
Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #8
Wow!! Really good. I would use them, but:
1. I don't know how...

2. My warriors are slith and nephilim!! He doesn't look like a priest.... Can you switch races?

--------------------
samurai56:the video game guide you don't have to buy!
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by samurai56:

[b]Wow!! Really good. I would use them, but:
1. I don't know how...
if you are a PC user, I can help you with that

quote:

2. My warriors are slith and nephilim!! He doesn't look like a priest.... Can you switch races?[/b]
well, I know that at least in AV3, usign the character editor, you can change everything about a character, including race, IIRC

as for the priest part; hes a mighty warrior priest of the god Sol Invictus, god of loyalty, courage honour, the sun, and all things good!
Apprentice
Member # 5438
Profile #10
Man you did that guy up good :)
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #11
thank you; after workign on some other characters, I hope to be able to :refine" the entire look to match the big (and awesome IMO) inventory picture (and I still need to fix the chairs)
Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #12
OK, I use windows XP. That's PC, right?

--------------------
samurai56:the video game guide you don't have to buy!
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by samurai56:

OK, I use windows XP. That's PC, right?
yes :)

okay, I can definatelly help you-

STEP 1) I need for you to decide a character you want to get rid of, personally, I got rid of the barbarian dude, but it dosent matter who you choose, you just need to make sure to tell me who it is, and perhaps include a pic so i can be sure- I will take care of all the re-nameing parts

STEP 2)one i rename the pics, and bring them here, you are going to have left-click them with your mous ebutton, and save them- you will then have to open them up in paint, and save them a bitmap file (thier are several types, you would want to as a "24-bit bitmap) but I'll make sure for you

STEP 3)okay, by this time, you have decided who you want to ditch, I have uploaded the pictures of this guy with the right names to replace it with, and you have saved the pictures as the right type of bit-map. all that is needed is to go to;

my computer--->Local Disk(C:)--->Program Files--->Blades of Avernum Folder--->Data--->Art Graphics

one you have opend this long chain of folders. and gotten to art graphics, all you have to do is drag my artwork, aved in the bitmap format, into that folder, and click yes to replaceing the old art. when you do this, my art will replace the old art

STEP 4)well you rdone- all that is left to do now is to start up a new game, look at the character select, and make sure everythign is working good :)
Warrior
Member # 1425
Profile #14
Those are amazing, I hope you plan on doing many more.
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #15
Indeed, i do- its slow going (very much so for the more ambitious projects)

as far as full blown Player Characters go, a friend of mine desires a rogue to use, and I have found suitible inventory portrait art to make a fully rounded character; I've also foune othe rimperration for a very erika like "PC" along with some others, and, of course, I plan to eventully to remake this character to look more true to the portriat

as far as NPCs go, I have soem work done-

1)a Goblin king, along with some other styles of Gonlins

2)an "Imperial Dervish"- that to say, a dervish but with a very Roman style flair to him, and one that dose not all that evil at all

heres a preview of things to come;

IMAGE(http://img192.exs.cx/img192/6776/previe13um.png)
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #16
i definitely like that goblin more than the default ones. good work. i think the icon for the PC needs to be smoothed a bit.

i want to see anything new you get. send me an IM if you use AIM.

[ Saturday, January 29, 2005 17:24: Message edited by: bleusoul ]

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

MSN: bleusoulilcercatore@hotmail.com
AIM: Byzantine Jones
Apprentice
Member # 5438
Profile #17
do you have a web site to download you skins
because i would like to

i also like the goblen idea

I have A Q

I went to i site that had a green blob for a grapic
(only tiny version) and i put it in the char grapics i i cant get it

[ Saturday, January 29, 2005 20:32: Message edited by: Titch ]
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Titch:

do you have a web site to download you skins
because i would like to

i also like the goblen idea

I have A G

I went to i site that had a green blob for a grapic
(only tiny version) and i put it in the char grapics i i cant get it

no offense, but i didn't understand a word you said.

the green blob graphic is for Blades of Avernum. what tiny version are you referring to?

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

MSN: bleusoulilcercatore@hotmail.com
AIM: Byzantine Jones
Apprentice
Member # 5438
Profile #19
iam sorry i was rushing so i could eat

tiny one as in the one on the map not the inventory screen thats all it had when i saved the image and put it in char grapics it didnt show up in the game

the grapic was a tiny green blobe

http://frahhamn.250free.com/

[ Saturday, January 29, 2005 20:36: Message edited by: Titch ]
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by bleusoul:

[b]i definitely like that goblin more than the default ones. good work.
thanks- I [refer my new dervish more more personally though ;)

that said, its should be noted that all th egoblins I will be making, in slow time, are based directlly on the reguler goblins that come with the game, only a painstaking pixel per pixel colour conversion, and then reconstructive anatomy applied ;)

quote:
i think the icon for the PC needs to be smoothed a bit.

try it out in game- its looks fine- after all, when you look at all fo those graphics when "stand alone" on no back ground, they all look like they need smoothing.

quote:

i want to see anything new you get. send me an IM if you use AIM.[/b]
sory about that- I dont use AIM any more -trashed my old computer, not about to trash my new one with spyware
Apprentice
Member # 5446
Profile #21
as the others said, those are very cool. I read what you said to help samurai but how do i get them too?

I know that there is a graphic for the Empire Dervish in BoA, is there also a way i can set it as my guy's character?

[ Sunday, January 30, 2005 16:06: Message edited by: Nikolas ]
Canned
Member # 5435
Profile Homepage #22
sorry for being stupid but how do you use it for mac :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

--------------------
my web page
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by genoforge:

sorry for being stupid but how do you use it for mac :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
I honestlly wish I knew- I'll try playing around with graphics (assming they can be accessed in BOA) on a friends mac, and perhaps I'll find out- until then, either you'll have to sit tight, and hope I can fidn out (doubtful, I'll go ahead and say) or ask one of the mac users on this forum- hopefully, someone can help you- I suppose, if worst comes to worst, you coudl e-mail Spider Web software directlly and ask.
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Nikolas:

[b]as the others said, those are very cool. I read what you said to help samurai but how do i get them too?
[/b]well, if you use a PC, the same direction apply- save them to your PC, change all graphics to the 24-bitmap format, and name them so they replace an existing character graphic- for the little facial partriat, you will need to open up a file that has all the reguler portriats for faces in it- you will need to select, and cut my characters portirat, and directlly overlay it ontop of the old charaters face whos graphic you have otherwise replaced.

save it, and start a new game- my custom will now have the place the now replaced graphic now had.

quote:

I know that there is a graphic for the Empire Dervish in BoA, is there also a way i can set it as my guy's character?

well, sort of- you coudl copy and paste all the existing graphics for the dervish into a full PCs "template", but you will end up with a very boring overall character who cannot go unarmoured, unsheilded, or be armed with a pole weapon or anything fancy like that.

[ Sunday, January 30, 2005 16:54: Message edited by: Xen ]

Pages