Bahssikava Update

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Bahssikava Update
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #0
A few of you have heard me mention a scenario that I'm designing entitled Bahssikava. I figured a few of you might be interested to know that yesterday morning, I finished essentially an alpha version of it. The good news is, I'm pretty sure this means that the scenario will actually get released someday. The bad news is, I'm not sure if it will be within the next month.

Finals are impending (the week after this one) and I won't get a sustained break in order to do genuine alpha testing until around the 23rd or so. Then I have a few days during which I hope to finish alpha, and barring any serious malfunctions (which I don't anticipate, but who ever does, really?), I should make a beta call around the end of December. I want to do two rounds of beta testing, after which I will release a finished version. My estimate on that is sometime in January, hopefully before school starts up again on the 20th.

At any rate, this is just to let you know, if you want to beta test, look for a topic in a couple of weeks. Don't volunteer now, because the scen isn't ready yet. I also wanted to let people know that the community is at work on scenarios, and a new one should come out soon.

Some basic information: the story is about sliths trying to reach their homeland. It relates to Lost Bahssikava in A1. The scen has 23 towns and basically no outdoors, putting it at about the same size as ZKR or VoDT. It's for level ~40 parties.

Anyway, look for a beta call in a few weeks and a release a few weeks after that, hopefully in mid-January.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #1
Thats great news, keep up the good work. We need people like you so that people like me (who can not work the sceneario maker to save her life) can have great games to play :D

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #2
Could you please alpha test with windows xp-- that seemed to be where many of the problems were in both A Perfect Forest and Canopy.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Good idea. I'll do that. I'm at my parents' house right now, so I have access to a Windows XP machine, and Finals are over, so I should be able to start real alpha testing later today.

Barring anything dramatic, I should be sending out a beta call within a few days.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00