Khoth's laser chamber

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Khoth's laser chamber
Apprentice
Member # 4970
Profile #0
In the Run you have no choice (that I can see) but to go through Khoth's fortress, where all those laserbeams section off the main room. I found the mirrors that you can push around, which redirect the beams and such, but I still get cut to ribbons every time I try. And if it's not the beams, the Efreet kill me without a chance to get close enough to take them out. Is there a trick or pattern? I'm not even sure where in the room I'm supposed to head, as I can't even find an exit to shoot for. Any help would be appreciated.

[ Saturday, December 04, 2004 08:24: Message edited by: Silverhour ]
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #1
The beams all follow the same pattern, I believe that it's in a three piece cycle, with each cycle lasting approximately 5 turns. Just wait until the beams turn off, and then push the mirror through. Wait, push, etc.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #2
Waiting turns is the best thing to do to learn how the beams change. Needless to say you have to go combat mode in that part. I remember I pushed the mirrors somewhere northwest and killed the efreets without much trouble, use your best ranged attacks (spells or missiles) and do a lot of haste before meeting the enemies so you can strike first.
good luck!

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Apprentice
Member # 5201
Profile #3
I didn't know about moving the lasers...I put my party in fight mode and went exploring with each of my two fighters going in seperate directions, and my priest and my mage sticking together. As soon as I saw the efreets I hasted the relevant characters, slowed the efreets, and spent the next 10 rounds or so lobbing arrows at them with the priest healing as necessary. They died pretty quickly that way (though I've got some badass archers in my party!)

It took me several reloads to figure out how to use a smashing crystal (the one that does Move Mountains at 10) on the boulder in the corner without frying my whole party, but I ended up doing it and getting out.

I'll have to try it again sometime moving the mirrors and see if it is easier than just timing runs between squares.

--------------------
------------------------------
Daniel C. Stillwaggon
Apprentice
Member # 5225
Profile #4
What I have always wanted to know is how many of Khoth's rune protected rooms can people get into. I have only been able to get into 2, one by waling over the faulty rune and the other by crossing the lava in Khoth's throne room.

Can anyone get into more than 2?
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #5
I got through without too much hassle. It's a meatter of watching for patterns in the lasers (using liberal smatterings of the wait key) and frying the efreets with a mixture of lasers and magical attacks.

The only thing you can do is try and try again.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?