ZKR help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: ZKR help
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #0
I feel pretty stupid, everybody is probably stronger (no, I'm not trying for sympathy) than my party. Anyway, I'm stuck on The Za-Khazi Run and I have different saved games on it. (I'm not very far). I have one where I'm at the part where I have to go through a variety of powerful beasts to the vahnatai and one where I'm fighting for the Melora's opal (and I have the mushroom talismman). I am currently stuck with what I've always hated: Dervishes. I'm stuck on the part with the dervish. (In the opal mines, I'm not sure if it's the only dervish). And it figures because I've only beaten the first two scenarios twice and my strongest guy only has 208 health. :( Any tips?

[ Monday, August 01, 2005 12:34: Message edited by: Fire Shards ]

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Okay, a handful of things: first, you know that the Opal Mines quest is (semi-)optional, right? You can get any of three things to get out of the Run.

Second, you should easily be powerful enough to handle anything in ZKR if you've beaten VoDT and ASR twice each.

Third, there are no dervishes in the Opal Mines, so I'll assume you're talking about the Elite Soldiers. These should not be too bad if you just Bless and Haste your fighters and Heal them when they get damaged. If you need further instructions than that, you'll need to be more specific. What's your party configuration (default: fighter/fighter/priest/mage)? Are you talking about the first battle when you initially enter the Opal Mines level?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #2
Actually, there is a dervish. But thanks for the help! (And I'm sure I'm not talking about Elite Soldiers because I've killed thousands of them! :) )

Party Configuration: Fighter/archer
mage/priest
priest
priest

And the battle I'm talking about is, um, well in the northeast corner of the map.

Thanks again for the help!

[ Saturday, November 13, 2004 14:12: Message edited by: fire_shards251 ]

--------------------

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Ah, there it is. I think your best bet is to bless and haste before you enter the room with only your fighter, and then just let him go at it with the spellcaster first and then the dervish. Use the priests only for healing and re-blessing.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #4
Okay. Now I'm stuck in Khoth's palace. I'm through most of the maze. I've killed the efreets, but what do I do to get past those lasers? How do I push the mirrors? Why won't the lasers turn off? :confused:

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
To push mirrors, just try to walk into them. You're meant to push them into the beams that never turn off, so that you can get around those beams.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!