Laws of Physics?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Laws of Physics?
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #0
Does anyone know where I can find this level? I've heard a lot of praise about it, but I can't find it anywhere.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #1
It's one of the tutorials on hard mode. To get it, switch to hard mode if you can, then move over to the tutorials (I think it's the last one) and they have different names. Then you have to go through the tutorial, while looking for a teleporter and a way to get into it.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #2
Actually you don't need to switch to hard mode to do Laws of Physics, it's just that it will have the tutorial name (and you won't know how many gems you must get and how much time you have to really win the level). I think it's the very last tutorial level, by the way (and I think getting to the secret room involves destroying a blue exit, and perhaps a skelwing too).
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #3
I guess you don't actually have to be in hard mode, but it makes it a lot easier and avoids a lot of guesswork.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #4
Aaargh... I made it through to the Laws of Physics level, but I really don't see what's so great about it. The puzzle idea is original, I suppose... the first time. After a dozen rounds of seeing how fast I can push the sideways and up arrow keys at the same time, mental numbness sets in.

[ Wednesday, July 05, 2006 15:50: Message edited by: Little Billy Sue ]

--------------------
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #5
Why do you need to push sideways and up arrows simultanously? What does that do?

The only arrow combinations involved in my solution were one or two Shift+direction for pushing without moving, some Ctrl+direction for dynamites, and mostly single arrows for pushing while moving.

[ Wednesday, July 05, 2006 13:59: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #6
Okay, I see what I'm supposed to do now. Maybe I have bad reflexes, but it's still been about two dozen tries to get past the first two puzzles, and every one failed. It's still mostly a twitch puzzle, which I don't really like.

--------------------
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #7
The timing for the first one is a bit tricky, but for the second there are no timing issues: just do the right actions as quickly as you can. (I simply held down arrow key when pushing final stone.) For the third one timing also shouldn't be an issue as long as you do things reasonably quickly. The fourth one, however, required very presice timing (even more presice then number one). It did take several trials for me to get through parts 1 and 4 even after I've remembered the solutions.

I can give more direct hints about solutions if you want.

[ Wednesday, July 05, 2006 16:19: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #8
When I use the dynamite to blow up the exit, I can't see my character when he passes the former easy exit. What do I do?

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #9
When you blow up easy exit, Skelwig will fly out. If you aren't sure what to do with it, check out explosion chart for the level. (F3 key, if I remember correctly.)

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #10
That's not what I was asking- I'm saying that the screen doens't move when I make the character walk past the exit.

--------------------

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #11
That's because you aren't supposed to walk so far past the exit. If you look at F3 screen, you'll understand what I mean. (If you don't know how Skelwigs work, they leave sertain items when they explode. Which items are left depends on the level and is shown on the F3 screen.)

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #12
Okay, I found the secret level. Have to admit, that was pretty neat.

Now I'm totally stuck in Laws of Physics. I'm on the first puzzle. Anyone care to help?

--------------------

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #13
There is a bomb blocking the exit to next part of the level. Think of ways to "remove" it. There are very few objects for you to chose from. Now think of the name of the level. Read the description of objects you have to work with in help. And just play around with them. If you need more hints:
One of the "law of physics" to which the name of the level is referring is the fact that two objects can not occupy the same space.
Another "law of physics" is that a falling body will remain in motion until something blocks its fall. I don't think I can give you more hints without just telling the solution. (I am assuming you'd rather figure out the solution yourself.)

[ Thursday, July 13, 2006 15:10: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------