SubTerra Prime: Atlantis

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: SubTerra Prime: Atlantis
Apprentice
Member # 5777
Profile Homepage #0
So I run past the flow in a big hurry and come to the first batch of rocks. How do I get past these? If I let them drop down the middle then I can go up, but will get stuck by the fallen rock when I follow the loop back down. The thing I hate about this level is I have to run up to those rocks repeatedly just to try it out some incorrect way then start over after I get stuck.

Ugh.

-Erik

--------------------
"I don't claim to understand Brannagan's Law--I merely enforce it." -Zap Brannagan
Apprentice
Member # 5502
Profile #1
:P Have you ever played Supaplex? They have some insane boulder puzzles. Compare to those, this is easy!

Anyway, here's how to blast through the 1st batch of rocks.
bb.
bbb
bbb
X..
=q=

X=you
b=boulder
==wall
q=quicksand

First, move down to remove the dirt there. And move up to remove that patch of dirt. Quickly move down and right to avoid getting smash and make some boulders fall. Move right again, and then move down. Then up twice, then quickly move down and left. The way opens! Just move up and right and off you go! This is fool proof, because I just ran this!

And did you ever noticed that there's 1 nice empty space just left on the wall you just came out of?!? XD

--------------------
Current SubTerra level:
Control and Contain
Completed/Pending:
Emerald Sparkles Factory, Nice Vibe
Apprentice
Member # 5777
Profile Homepage #2
Darkmatt, thanks for the tip. It did get me past that one spot. I'm still really angry at this level and hate the timing aspects of it that make for tedious repetition.

I wish there were a collection of levels that had no reflex tests in them. I just like to solve the puzzles. Oh well, at least I can "walk around" the levels I don't want to play. I think I'll skip Atlantis.

-Erik

--------------------
"I don't claim to understand Brannagan's Law--I merely enforce it." -Zap Brannagan
Apprentice
Member # 5502
Profile #3
Yeah. That's a nice thing that makes Subterra different from Chips Challenge, you don't have to do some levels.

Atlantis is a reflex test.....no wonder you can't beat it. :P

Try setting the Game speed down. Or you might wanna check out Supaplex. It goes semi-slow.

--------------------
Current SubTerra level:
Control and Contain
Completed/Pending:
Apprentice
Member # 632
Profile #4
Use the pause key. Then you have all the time you need to plan your next move.

Another tip: make a practise level in the level editor of the difficult spot. It is quite easy, you just have to give it a try. Maybe you even get interested in making levels of your own!

Btw. I hated Atlantis also for the very same reasons until I learned to use the pause key.
Apprentice
Member # 5502
Profile #5
I didn't hated Atlantis at all. :P Strange...

--------------------
Current SubTerra level:
Control and Contain
Completed/Pending:
Apprentice
Member # 632
Profile #6
Fine. You might also like my "Little Creatures" which you can find in the first contest pack, if I recall correctly.
Warrior
Member # 452
Profile #7
It's in the second expansion pack!!!
I know it because it drove me crazy to win it on hard! Wonderful level, still among my favourite ones!
Bravo Isi!
Gemma
Master Jeweller
Member # 409
Profile Homepage #8
FYI, the levels towards the left are more reflex-oriented, and those to the right are more puzzle-oriented. In PRIME, at least.

--------------------
Pieter Simoons, aka Radiant

Official Crystal Shard and SubTerra webpage