The Contest Winners

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Contest Winners
Master Jeweller
Member # 409
Profile Homepage #0
First of all, thanks to everybody who participated and created one or more levels for our beloved game, SubTerra.
For this contest, as well as any future contests, both levels for SubTerra and SubTerra II are eligible. There are no separate categories.
It took quite some time playing and pondering all the levels. Without further ado, here are the winners.

First Prize:
P.M.Bert with Overflow
Amidst several high quality levels, this one was considered his best because of the simple elegance: it's easy to figure out what to do, but very hard to actually do it right.
This, by the way, is the first SubTerra II level to get an award in the contest.

Second Prize:
Gemma & Lorenzo with Rettangoli
Once again a tough choice between several good levels. Copy/pasting the editor layout and then creating good puzzles out of it is certainly worthy of fame.

Third Prize:
Stewboy with Towers of Doom
If there was a prize for sheer quanity of playable levels, Stewboy would certainly win! This level is his best because it breaks from common linearity patterns, forcing the player to plan ahead.

Runners-up: Zeviz (Replicator Repair) and Omlette (My Cup Runneth Over).

Because of technical reasons, the levelset is not yet available. But it will be in february at the latest, as will some version of SubTerra II.

--------------------
Pieter Simoons, aka Radiant

Official Crystal Shard and SubTerra webpage
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #1
quote:
Originally written by Radiant:

If there was a prize for sheer quanity of playable levels, Stewboy would certainly win!

What do you mean by 'quanity', Quantity or Quality?
Anyway, I'm surprised The Creator didn't do anything in this contest, but I guess I'll have to wait another year or two before I finally win.
Warrior
Member # 452
Profile #2
YAYYY! Second again! I'm so happy, especially because for a few months I seemed incapable of planning anything, and then - WHOP! - the pleasure of playing this wonderful game caught me once more.
Best congratulations to the Winner and to Stew Boy!
Now I can't wait for the expansion pack!!!
Thanks once more to Radiant, who has made all this possible in the first place.
One curiosity: Radiant, don't your hands itch from the desire to plan a level yourself?
After SubTerra Prime, you stayed behind the curtains. OR ELSE...you actually HAVE been making PLENTY of levels and didn't publish them because you wanted to leave room for ordinary Subterra players! That must be it! Does that means there could be a Secret Expansion Pack? The Radiant Code? How exciting!!!
Happy Gemma
Master Jeweller
Member # 409
Profile Homepage #3
Stewboy -> I meant to write 'quantity'. But the quality is also good or you wouldn't be among the winners :)
The Creator has been working on BoA stuff afaik, so he didn't have much time for ST.

Gemma -> the truth is that, after designing nearly half the levels of SubTerra PRIME, I've been moving on to some other areas - designing the games Leylines, ZENG, Polymorph, Stresstaurant and ATOTK. So I'm afraid there are very little secret levels from my hand (Eye Queue Too, and Don't Try This At Home come to mind, though)

--------------------
Pieter Simoons, aka Radiant

Official Crystal Shard and SubTerra webpage
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #4
Congrats all.

I think I have a few decent (but unfinished) levels laying around somewhere. It would have been nice to enter again, but I've just been way too busy to think about it for more than 10 seconds at a time. Long story short, I've recently moved to Canberra and am working at a radio station here.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom