The new game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The new game
Apprentice
Member # 4423
Profile #0
What do you think, is a new Galactic Core on the wind? To paraphrase Spidweb's newsletter, 'The other we don't want to say too much about yet. It will continue a story that has been waiting a long time to be continued' (or something to that effect).

What do you guys think?

--------------------
"When your teacher needs a calculator to add up how many you missed more than you need a calculator to take a calc test, that's bad."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Given that this topic was evidently not made in jest -- based on the other topic in the Nethergate forum -- I will answer it with seriousness. the answer is a resounding NO.

Jeff Vogel did not make Galactic Core. Spiderweb markets it, but he did not make it. He would NOT make Galactic Core 2. The game is almost certainly Avernum 4.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4423
Profile #2
I thought they could be making Geneforge 3 and just be planning on marketing a new Galactic Core... thus the desire to keep it quiet in case something goes wrong with it, since Spidweb can't exactly control it's development.

Apparently, I was mistaken.

--------------------
"When your teacher needs a calculator to add up how many you missed more than you need a calculator to take a calc test, that's bad."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Jeff has said that he has very little interest in marketing more third-party games after the headaches he's gone through. After Ocean Bound (meh), Galactic Core (yech), and Homeland (oh, the humanity!), I can see why. Lost Souls is okay, but not great. SubTerra is allegedly wonderful.

Given that nobody actually plays GC, I don't think there's any market for a sequel. Even if the programmer doesn't realize it, Jeff must.

—Alorael, who would rather see a new game with the Exile 1 engine than a sequel to GC. At least Exile had some potential. GC has nothing.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
Mh. If the new game is Galactic Core II, and he ports it for PC, please shoot me.

Luckily, I've been spared the so disreputable game so far by its unavailability for Windows. From what I have heard about it, the existance of GC is probably a significant disadvantage of Macs vs. PCs.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #5
I wish they'd make a Mac version of SubTerra, so that we Macers could see what's so great about it.
Warrior
Member # 2902
Profile #6
Well its Geneforge 3:
http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/products.html

Work jsut begun :)

--------------------
* Knowledge is Might *
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
We already KNOW about Geneforge 3. We've known for MONTHS about Geneforge 3. What we're talking about is the OTHER new game that Jeff's referred to. Go away, and please take the other 25 people wanting to "inform" us of the same thing with you.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #8
quote:
From what I have heard about it, the existance of GC is probably a significant disadvantage of Macs vs. PCs
Hey! While I admit there are some bad games only for Macs, they are very,very, very good computers. PCs are wannabes.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
Don't worry. Homeland more than makes up for it.

—Alorael, who doesn't really think bad software counts since you can just avoid it or, in a pinch, delete it. It's the good software that really makes a difference. But no Mac vs. PC here!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00