Yet another shocking discovery

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Yet another shocking discovery
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #0
The White Cult may have ties to another, altogether less coherent sect.

quote:
L. Ron Hubbard:

The head of the Galactic Federation (76 planets around larger stars visible from here) (founded 5,000,000 years ago, very space opera) solved overpopulation (250 billion or so per planet, 178 billion on average) by mass implanting.

When through with his crime loyal officers (to the people) captured him after six years of battle and put him in an electronic mountain trap where he still is. "They" are gone. The place (Confederation) has since been a desert. The length and brutality of it all was such that this Confederation never recovered. The implant is calculated to kill (by pneumonia etc) anyone who attempts to solve it. This liability has been dispensed with by my tech development.

One can freewheel through the implant and die unless it is approached as precisely outlined. The "freewheel" (auto-running on and on) lasts too long, denies sleep etc and one dies. So be careful to do only Incidents I and II as given and not plow around and fail to complete one thetan at a time.[/QB]
I mean, wow. And there we thought we were original...

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #1
We were at the time. It is only now that we weren't original then.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
Yeesh. Apparently, next time you are wondering whether to turn your campy space opera sketch into an Escape Velocity Total Conversion, you can stop and ask yourself whether it might be just as easy to found a religion with it instead.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #3
RW is above all religions. He only asks for one donation one time, to receive all known wisdom.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #4
Gotta love scientology...all hail Xenu!

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #5
Yeh. While looking up Xenu, I learned for the first time that Scientology has its own 'religious order', whose members hold the church's top offices, and sign a billion year contract when they join up. (Really. They believe in reincarnation, and their official slogan is "We come back.") Even hokier, the order is para-naval, with blue suits, peaked caps, and (really a lot of) gold braid. It's called the 'Sea Organization', having been launched during an interval in the 1960's when Hubbard was escaping legal difficulties in several countries by living on a yacht in the Mediterranean.

I suppose most religions have elements that just seem bizarre from outside, but this seems less foreign-culture-bizarre than Saturday-morning-cartoons-bizarre.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00