What's wrong with RW games?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What's wrong with RW games?
Apprentice
Member # 2096
Profile #0
I don't understand. What is the problem people have with Richard White's games? I find them to be so exciting, so invigorating, so thrilling, so entertaining, so exhilarating. Why does it seem that nobody likes them?

<.<

Discuss.

[ Monday, December 19, 2005 03:49: Message edited by: Saurion ]

--------------------
"The only use of fancy titles is to draw attention away from one's lack of power" - Erika the Archmage

"Well, that's what you adventurers do, isn't it? Break into creatures' homes, slay them, and take their stuff, isn't it? Damned impolite, if you ask me." - Provisioner, regarding quests (Bandit Hideout, Avernum 3)
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #1
It´s not true that NOBODY likes them, for example I like them. :D But maybe some people prefer other games more, and got no exitement in life, than to write bad about them. :mad: :mad: :mad:

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Even if they're not without redeeming features, "exhilarating" is not a word I would typically apply to unremarkable strategy games.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #3
ive nvr seen people insulting RW games cept some cult that one of the members of spid web made

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
The cult does not mock Richard White games. We know what is coming, and the only hope we have is to be consumed by Galactic Core 2 first!

—Alorael, who now must ponder cause and effect. Are those who teeter upon the brink of mad clarity drawn to the way of White, or is it the way that pushes ordinary mortals over the edge into gibbering madness?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #5
We could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you. You know that.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Saurion:

What is the problem people have with Richard White's games?
Even though I recognize sarcasm when I see it, I still feel obligated to point out that although his games are shallow and easily mastered, they are fun for what they are and can provide hours of casual amusement.

That's just about it, really.