Yen!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Yen!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #0
I wonder, could someone quickly explain why it matters that a dollar is worth less than a euro?

--------------------
"Oh, North Wind, why frighten others?
In Nature's family all are brothers.
Puff and blow and wheeze and hiss;
You can't frighten Shingebiss.
Bring your frost and ice and snow;
I'm still free to come and go.
You can never frighten me,
One who never fears is FREE!"
-Shingebiss, the mighty duck
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Exchange rate alone doesn't mean much; the important thing is how it changes over time. What matters is that if you want to travel to or trade with Europe, your money isn't worth as much as it was a while ago.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #2
When the dollar is weaker relative to the euro, imports from Europe (which are purchased in euros) cost more. The usual result of this is that US consumers then are more likely to purchase products manufactured in the US. This in theory would bolster the US economy by increasing demand for US goods, leading to an increase in employment/wages/whatever. HOWEVER, a country can't devalue its way to prosperity.
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #3
Unless you're China... ;)

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
This is a truly bizarre topic. It resides in the RWG section, yet it is neither a horror in the eyes of man nor relevant to the games. I find myself at a loss.

—Alorael, who will send this off to General. He'll leave a locked copy behind, too, because his collection is getting old and dusty.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00