I paralized Sucia's economy :=/

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I paralized Sucia's economy :=/
Apprentice
Member # 6232
Profile #0
Is that just me, or do shops on Sucia never restock? I'm aspecially in need of curing and healing stuff, and of living tools. {There's all those doors going "it should take about 98475 living tools to open it", my mech skill is 8 now}

--------------------
Q: What happens if i cast Domination on a Submission Vlish or Submission Turret?

A: It's not THAT kind of game, you tentacled pervert!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Shops don't restock. They also run out of money if you sell a lot of stuff to them. Yes, this is annoying; Geneforge 3 doesn't work this way, and neither do any of Jeff Vogel's other games, but the first two Geneforge games do.

How far into the game are you? 8 mechanics isn't really adequate for a serious mechanics-based character; go for at least 12, maybe even more, and get it as soon as possible. If you're the kind of player who absolutely has to clear every area, you'll need high Mechanics.

Also, if a lock requires an unreasonable number of living tools to open, look around for a key to it before using those tools. If all else fails, use tools on the offending lock until you only need a few more tools to unlock it, then cast Unlock (assuming you can cast Unlock).

[ Sunday, August 21, 2005 22:31: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Apprentice
Member # 6232
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

How far into the game are you?
Well, lessee: I cleared most of the south, solved virtually every sidequest i could find so far {except the spy in Kazg - i have many serviles i'd frame, but the option doesn't appear in my conversation with Alga}, and the game has just become very difficult for me, whereas untill now it was just perfect. Now i'm mostly scavanging around, looking for settlements, canisters and quests. I'm playing a gueadian, btw, and am starting to regret it: I could really use more essence and better magical skills {what's the point of having a huge score for a given spell, from canisters, if you lack the skill-level to cast it?}

quote:
8 mechanics isn't really adequate for a serious mechanics-based character; go for at least 12, maybe even more, and get it as soon as possible. If you're the kind of player who absolutely has to clear every area, you'll need high Mechanics.
My next level's skillpoints will go into that, then. But even then, those levers that now require some 20-30 tools to unlock will still be a problem, no?

quote:
Also, if a lock requires an unreasonable number of living tools to open, look around for a key to it before using those tools.
How much should i consider unreasonable?
I do look for keys, and my special items list is full of keys that seem to open nothing at all {the School key, for example}. You know that little bastard who breeds batons? When i brought him a female {:=P} submission baton, he was all like "Take anything you find here!", but when i waste all my living tools on his the lever to his back room, and go to Pentil to buy more tools - he uses my absence to change the lock! {i mean the number of tools required was reset}

quote:
If all else fails, use tools on the offending lock until you only need a few more tools to unlock it, then cast Unlock (assuming you can cast Unlock).
My unlock spell works on stuff that needs 1-3 tools, but 5 is already an obstacle {haven't tested on one that needs 4 yet}, so it's not much help.

Btw, while i'm asking questions already: What are green spores for? Brown spores sometimes {rarely} send mines off, but the green ones seem completely useless...

[ Monday, August 22, 2005 07:28: Message edited by: Chesh ]

--------------------
Q: What happens if i cast Domination on a Submission Vlish or Submission Turret?

Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #3
You aren't supposed to use living tools on doors that require 15-20. Even 10 is too much. If the doors require that many living tools, either they are a reward for a quest, or you need a key.

About colored spores, if I remember correctly, they disable different kinds of mines. Use them only when you really have to, because you might need to use them on some quests.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Chesh:
i have many serviles i'd frame, but the option doesn't appear in my conversation with Alga

If the option doesn't appear it probably means that you don't have enough leadership points. How many do you have??
Apprentice
Member # 6232
Profile #5
Zeviz:
Well, some still don't seem to have a key, and theyr owners neither open them upon theyr quest's completion, nor offer further quests.
Regarding the spores, that's what i thought, but they don't seem to work in most cases. Brown ones sometimes, rarely, work on the weaker, white kind; green ones never worked on anything i tried them on so far.

Marlenny:
Leadership? Heh, knew i forgot something. It's 5... how far should i raise it? Will the three ranks i can get in it from one level suffice {making it 8}? Also, is the spy in Kazg someone specific, or can i actually frame different people, once i have the required eladership points?

--------------------

Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #6
The spy is a specific person. (Although I don't remember who.)

Some doors can only be opened if you are a member of a certain sect. Generally, if a door takes 15-20 living tools to open, you don't really need to open it. :)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #7
Leadership is one of the skills that I try to raise asap. You should have it at least by 10, but try to get it up to 12 towards the middle of the game.
There are several spies in Geneforge and having leadership can def help you discover them. Good Luck