Shaper wearing an iron breastplate

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shaper wearing an iron breastplate
Apprentice
Member # 5993
Profile #0
I've got myself an iron breastplate and I notice that it gives a -2 to attack skills. Does attack skills refer to combat skills?
Specifically, will the iron breastplate affect my battle magic skill?
I want the benefits, but not the handicaps!
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #1
If I remember correctly, attack skill refers to chance of hitting with melee and missile weapons. So your magic should be unaffected.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Warrior
Member # 118
Profile #2
This may just be the D&D part of my brain talking, but if your encumbered like that, it should affect your magic. They may have done things differently, but thats just what I'm accustomed to.

--------------------
Sometimes silence speaks volumes.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #3
If I remember correctly, encumberance is only weight-related in Geneforge. As in, the total weight you carry. Too much and your action points will lessen in combat. The amount you can carry is clearly marked in the stats screen, though and goes up, with more strength.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #4
The question wasn't about AP penalties for extra weight. The question was about penalties listed on some armor.

And I just double-checked in Geneforge 3. In that game, the penalties are listed as 5%, 10%, etc, so they are obviously penalties to chances of hitting your target. I guess they might apply to magic as well. You can easily check, because every time you miss, it tells you your chances of hitting.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.