Perl, CGI Scripts, & Forms

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Perl, CGI Scripts, & Forms
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #0
I'm trying to learn how Perl uses CGI scripts to interact with HTML; however, I'm in a bit of a rut.

First we have an html file, which contains a form implemented in the way seen below.
<FORM name="Form_One" action="../cgi-bin/Script.pl" method = "get">
</FORM>
So I create a basic perl script, say

#!/usr/bin/perl
use CGI;

my #cgi = new CG
print
$cgi->header ,
$cgi->start_html('Hello World!') ,
$cgi->h1('Hello World!') ,
$cgi->end_html;

Code borrowed from: [URL=http://inconnu.isu.edu/~ink/perl_cgi/lesson1/hello_cgi.html]Hello World CGI[/URL]
When I activate the action in the form, via a button in the html code, the page changes addresses. (i.e. from ../index.html to ../cgi-bin/Script.pl. However, this page doesn't have the html I would expect to be generated by the perl script.

Rather I get an error. I can't really be more specific about the error at this time, as the code I was working with is on another computer. Any Suggestions?

[ Tuesday, October 30, 2007 14:41: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
Well, whatever the problem is, it's not in the script. Because that works fine on my server.

Curiously, whereas changing a normal file to be non-executable or non-readable will cause a 403 Forbidden error, this script will return a 500 error when its access permissions are wrong.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #2
If I remember correctly the error code was 500 something. They just recently set me up on the network, so perhaps they forgot to give me all the permissions I needed. Thanks.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

If I remember correctly the error code was 500 something. They just recently set me up on the network, so perhaps they forgot to give me all the permissions I needed. Thanks.
If I am not mistaken, the file permissions on the script have to be executable by whatever group includes apache user. ("chmod +x filename" should do the trick.)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.