To SW's Italian-speakers

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: To SW's Italian-speakers
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #0
Could someone provide an Italian translation for the film title "So I Married An Axe-Murderer"? If possible, make it sound like it could plausibly be the title of an opera. It would be much appreciated.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6401
Profile #1
Speaking of whom, what's happened to Magma Dragoon? Is he still doing his homework?

--------------------
I think this is really wonderful.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #2
Apparently the film's Italian title is "Mia moglie è una pazza assassina?", if it helps at all.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Redstart:

Apparently the film's Italian title is "Mia moglie è una pazza assassina?", if it helps at all.
Hmm. Not as operatic as I might hope, but I think I can do something with that. Thanks!

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #4
How about Lucia di Lammermoor? :)

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #5
The film's translation is not entirely correct:
1)It translate to "My wife" not "I married". and 2)"Pazza Assasina" means a crazy/insane murderer, not really an axe murderer.Then again, it's hard to be literal so I guess that translation is as good as any.

For your opera thing, I'm pretty sure there isn't an Italian word for "axe murderer". Thus, the best you could do is use "Pazza assasina" (as the film), simply say a murderer, or say a murderer with an axe.

If you decide to go with "I married a crazy/insane murderer". Then the translation would be Sposato una pazza assasina?, if just a "I married a murderer" than just take away the pazza: Sposato una assasina?. Oh and remember that Italian has genders. Thus, you are saying I married a female murderer. To make it male you'd have to change it to Sposato un pazzo assasino? or Sposato un assasino? .I think Spotato una assasina? sounds more opera-y.I hope that was of any help!

Edit: "I married a murderer with an axe?" would be Spostato un assasino con un ascia?, btw.

[ Sunday, April 01, 2007 11:45: Message edited by: M. ]