ISO to CD/DVD

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: ISO to CD/DVD
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
So I installed Windows XP on my iMac, and everything runs fine, except for one thing. I really wouldn't know what is a good (free) burning application, to burn an ISO file onto a CD or DVD. Of my Mac I know that diskutility has this function built-in, but I have no idea how this works in Windows. Can anybody advise me?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #1
Traditionally, the best programs to use are anything from Alcohol Software. However, they are not freeware. Try this link for other options. As always, be careful of suspicious downloads.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #2
I'm using a demo version of PowerISO and it works very nicely. Sorry, I can't remember where I got it from.

Edit: Link to PowerISO. You can get the demo version and it will do just about whatever you need. I don't know how long the trial version is though.

[ Sunday, December 24, 2006 09:31: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Why not just do your burning with the Mac half of the computer?

—Alorael, doesn't actually know how well Macs handle ISO. Most of his very limited burning is with Toast and most of that is with DMG.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1688
Profile #4
I quick search of Sourceforge brings up Isoburn.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Spider #335:

Why not just do your burning with the Mac half of the computer?

—Alorael, doesn't actually know how well Macs handle ISO. Most of his very limited burning is with Toast and most of that is with DMG.

Damn, you are right. i completely forgot that i can transfer files from the Windows partition to the Mac partition. I tried burning it on my Mac (I have a very handed program, called Burn, which was recommend by a Spiderwebber, don't know who exactly it was), and it seemed to work. I hope now that all files are still intact and Windows will recognize them (I already installed the program, so it wouldn't be a drama if it doesn't: just two discs lost).

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!