Jive Turkey

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Jive Turkey
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #25
In fact there are more ways to rate a power (corporate or country) than there are to skin a cat. I'll continue to ignore the majority as being without merit.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #26
Mm, bottled water. It's probably worth mentioning that I actually can't drink Aquafina because it makes me sick to my stomach.

So much for it being better than tap water, which doesn't.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #27
Well, that is one gift you won't be getting from me... I usually stick with sparkling water if I buy it, otherwise I get spring water from a ... spring!

--------------------
quote:

Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #28
quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

Using the CIA Factbook is garbage reasoning. Use something that is real. :)
The fact that you poited out how crappy the CIA's reasoning is and not Amnesty's just proves how crappy your reasoning is.

It takes someone who has evolved beyond any primitive human vetiges like shame to go after Amnesty International for political reasons. IMAGE(http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/icons/icon14.gif) Gold star.

EDIT: Caveat for the rest of the post: I don't care about your wack-ass examples of how biased Amnesty International is. They are biased only against horrific abuse, and there is no other agenda its critics have any interest in defending. Do not quote me think-tank statistics or analyses or articles. Please do not bother with any of that. I will not dignify whatever fascist garbage you dredge out of whichever nameless moral abyss you inhabit with any response but quiet scorn.

quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

EDIT: That last sentance in your post just indicates your approval and imitation of Amnesty's policy on international affairs, by the way.

No, it indicates a good, solid grip on who you are and what you stand for. You're a rabid bigot; you consider genocide your country's prerogative and get angry not at being accused of it but at being denied the right to it.

You're not only wrong here, but you are wrong in every substantive discussion you have ever butted into with your ignorant, violent opinion. We're all stupider for having heard from you on any topic of remote importance to the real world. In fact, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that the Earth is poorer for hosting you.

And hosting is exactly the correct word, you sanguinary parasite.

Honest to God, in all seriousness: Amnesty International? You God-damn reptile. Find whatever hole it is you wriggled out of after you hatched and crawl back in there, would you?

[ Saturday, September 30, 2006 21:42: Message edited by: The Worst Man Ever ]
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #29
Holy crap!

I knew I was getting stupider every day, but is that the cause? You are my Marlowe.

--------------------
quote:

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #30
Ahahahahahahaha!

Hero.

--------------------
You lose.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #31
I think this topic has gone far enough. Don't call people facists or reptiles on this board because they happen to disagree with you.

Amnesty International, like any other group with political points to score, should be treated with some suspicion and should not be above criticism. It does not hold any special place, despite how honorable their motives might be.

Take for example Greenpeace. They have honorable goals of protecting the environment. However, they have been known to cherry pick data (i.e. tell the noble lie) to prove the conclusions they want. I don't see how Amnesty International could be any different -- not saying they do the same, but the motive is definitely there and not above question.

Anyway, the rhetoric in this topic has gone too far.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00

Pages