Hard drive problem that has nothing to do with SW

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Hard drive problem that has nothing to do with SW
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #0
I know this has nothing at all to do with Spiderweb software but I had a little look on the web and couldn't find anything that answered my question. I doubt people using a mac would know the answer to what I'm about to ask but if you do that'd be super.

I recently aquired a few computers (all old, using windows 98) and one was missing a few components so I took out the hard drive and installed it as the secondary on another computer. I had all the cables correct and the jumper taken out as it said to do on the hard drive to make it the slave. It comes up with I start up the computer as a secondary hard drive and yet when I go into my computer there is no hard drive there. I can see the other one which is C: though. I checked in hardware profiles and both hard drives showed up there. The master was assigned the drive name C: but the slave was assigned no drive letter thingy and the box was shaded out so I could not enter one. Any suggestions on how to get this working?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
This topic should be moved to General. Tech Support is for game-related issues only.

Since the device is recognized as a hard drive, but Windows won't let you open it or assign a drive letter, it might be a file system issue.

Are you sure that the computer you removed the hard drive from was also running Windows 98? If it had NT or XP, the hard drive might be formatted as NTFS, but Windows 98 only supports FAT. I believe there are some drivers for Windows 98 that can read NTFS however; use Google.

Try to find out what format the new hard drive is in through the hardware manager. Anyway, this is just guesswork.

Edit: I remember now that I can move topics from General to Tech Support, but not vice versa. :P

[ Thursday, August 31, 2006 02:00: Message edited by: Drow ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #2
Whoops, sorry for putting this in the wrong forum and whatnot. I ended up just putting a different hard-drive in but thanks for the help anyway.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
In that case, the topic is no longer needed. Conveniently, it's also been transferred into my jurisdiction.

In pace requiescat.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.