Naturally, I'm sure this has been proposed before.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Naturally, I'm sure this has been proposed before.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Oh, the pain, the pain:

Visually, stunning things could be done. Especially the creatures as we haven't seen their ilk in movies before. And at least in the first movie that could compensate enough for a thin plot - ie worth seeing once. I'd want more though (Superman was visually stunning with a bland story that left me cold and bored)
Well, that could be stretched to the second one, where inevitably the vahnatai would be introduced. Except that they'd probably end up looking so much like cliché Roswell aliens... people would just laugh.

So, would CGI actors or freakishly good costumes be the way to go?

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

So, would CGI actors or freakishly good costumes be the way to go?

Ideally, you'd want to go with both.
The vahnatai would have to be done CG (though with a lot of effort, one might be able to pull them off with puppets).
Sliths and Nephils would be best a combination of animatronics, freakishly good costumes, and a little bit of CG effect to make up for the physical limitations of the costumes.
Most monsters can be easily pulled off with animatronics and simple puppetry; though the humanoids are better done with actors.

quote:
Except that they'd probably end up looking so much like cliché Roswell aliens...
The first time I read the book version of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (which was, incidentally, two week's before the movie's release), I read the descripion of the cloning aliens aloud to the Silent Assassin.
His response: "Sounds like Vahnatai to me. What're you reading?"
During the movie some weeks later, he made it known that he felt that Jeff had been ripped off.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin was recently commended for his assistance in helping the local voluteer fire department raise money.
I knew some good would eventually come out of his taking up pickpocketing.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #27
By Lenar:
quote:
The first time I read the book version of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (which was, incidentally, two week's before the movie's release), I read the descripion of the cloning aliens aloud to the Silent Assassin.
During the movie some weeks later, he made it known that he felt that Jeff had been ripped off.
Glad to see that I wasn't the only one to think so. Was anyone else reminded of a Golem of Blades when General Grievious pulled out those sabers? Methinks Lucas is a secret SpidWeb fan...

Costumes vs. CGI: I'd just love to see a costumed human try to duplicate having two elbows.

A2 could make a good movie, if a long one. A1 could also be a movie if you boil it down to the Grah-Hoth quest and your basic Avernum atmosphere (escaping doesn't have enough drive, and the assassination plot only really came up in the end game). The best A3 could do would be a multi-season TV show, with each plague taking up a season.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
If I have the hero and his party trapped, I will not wait until my Superweapon charges to finish them off if more conventional means are available.
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #28
quote:

Bloody Hell! I thought that too when I first saw that movie. No one else got what I was ranting about though.

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #29
We need to get the Jim Henson Foundation in on this... their creatures can make a movie incredible, regardless of the plot and/or human actors present. For those who doubt this statement, I suggest that you watch Labyrinth.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #30
I'm telling you this game would make one of the best stories in all of history. Its just like real life. That is why it can never be a movie. There are somethings that are too good to be accuratly caught on film.

--------------------
The great light bulb converses its thoughts in a fashion most particular to its complicated nature.

Neither twenty-one nor forsaken any longer, I now stand in freedom through Jesus Christ.

Pages