Ghana knock US out of World Cup

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Ghana knock US out of World Cup
Warrior
Member # 6401
Profile #26
I don't care much for the World Cup, but I was willing Ghana to win that one.

quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

That referee is a retard. I mean, how can you give someone three yellow cards??
What would they have done if he (or his team) had scored after the second yellow card?

[ Friday, June 23, 2006 06:59: Message edited by: Thin Air ]

--------------------
I think this is really wonderful.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Ayami xx:

Ghana were never going to win, but now they might go out to the winners. And enjoy themselves whilst doing it.
Now, I'd think that would be heartbreaking. To come up against the team that everybody expects to win, and know that everyone expects you to get ground into the dust.

And Sturg, Pujols just got back... cut him some slack. He hit a fairly long drive in his first at-bat, and he made contact every time. But yes, this was quite possibly the best pitching the Cards have seen in quite some time... though Carpenter's 13 K game was pretty nice as well.

EDIT: Just found this:

quote:
Originally said by Joey Cora, temp. manager of the Sox:
He looks like [Mark] Prior when [Prior] is healthy,
Now that's a compliment.

[ Friday, June 23, 2006 08:40: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

And Sturg, Pujols just got back... cut him some slack. He hit a fairly long drive in his first at-bat, and he made contact every time.
No need to to cut him any slack today...

[ Friday, June 23, 2006 17:07: Message edited by: Sturg ]

--------------------
-ben4808
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Now, I'd think that would be heartbreaking. To come up against the team that everybody expects to win, and know that everyone expects you to get ground into the dust.

But if you never thought you'd get that far, it's an honour to play against the premier team. It means you were good enough to catch their attention. It doesn't matter if you lose.

Australia didn't expect to win against Brazil, and we didn't. As the coach said, all he wanted from our team was a good showing. It didn't stop everyone from watching the match (though the 2am tv slot might have) and cheering for our team.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #30
There are few positions more favorable than being an extreme underdog going into a competition. If you lose, no one is upset, and you still get a great opportunity. Winning as a major underdog is, of course, the best feeling one can get in any competition. Unfotunately, most (but not all) underdogs are underdogs with good reason.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #31
What really sucks is being the red hot favourite who gets a nasty suprise.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #32
This is true. I can't help but feel bad for them, even when rooting for the other team. Still, I'm happy with the outcome.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------

Pages