still not getting avernum...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: still not getting avernum...
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #25
One of the main differences between Exile and Avernum is that in Exile you can clear a dungeon, step outside, and come back in and the monsters are all there except for specials. In Exile it's easy to build up experience by reclearing a dungeon that's not too hard for your level. Money is never a problem.

Both games have lousy AI's. The longer you play, the easier it is to exploit the flaws.

The complaints are that people want the best from both systems. Or at least the source code for Blades of Exiles so they can tinker with it to eliminate preceived flaws.

I like both for different reasons. Going back to Exile means having to use different strategies than Avernum where a monster stays dead and the loot is usually still lying on the floor.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #26
Yeah, that's a great way to train in Exile. Although sometimes it is annoying to have to go through one of the really huge fights, minus the main guy you already killed (Sss-Thsss, Anastasia…). But I guess if you've trained a lot between killing those people and now, it's not that hard– and if it is, there's always Major Blessing. =)

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Warrior
Member # 6975
Profile Homepage #27
ya he avernum series including blades i realy dont like (or get for that matter) but the new story and grafix and movement of avernum 4 makes it my fave spiderweb software game to date :D :D :D
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #28
The combat in Avernum, compared to Exile, has kind of been superpowered, if that's the right word. Everyone is so fragile. It's not uncommon for a mediocore fighter with mediocore weapons to be shelling out 100 damage a hit, a magnitude reserved only for good Kill spells in Exile. One little flame from an opponent leaves a low-level PC practically out of comission. I don't know if I like that.

But anyway, I haven't played it all that much, but first impressions do count.

--------------------
-ben4808

Pages