Happy Easter To All!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Happy Easter To All!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #50
quote:
Originally written by Dead Weight on the Forums:

Pretty much everything in the Bible is symbolic, open to interpretation, or impossible to determine exactly anyway.
I am of the opinion that you should probably focus on the actual idea that is cause for celebration, rather than the damn date.

I am of the school that says that everything but the prophesy and poetry (which are inherently symbolic) can be taken quite literally, although I do agree with Kel in that everything is first included for some form of Theological content.

I, too, believe in celebrating the idea (which is why I go to church on Sunday, as well as celebrate the holidays); however, to the academic mind, the date for Christmas doesn't gel with historical fact (and the fact that the Catholic church was quite fond of replacing pagan holidays).
I merely continued what TM started because I was curious of the views of another academic.

quote:
Originally by Snafta:
A friend of mine once read the bible, and he told me about a part in the Bible, that God is described as a big metal object.
Really? Where?
(no sarcasm involved. I don't want to have missed anything, especially if it sounds that ridiculous to me)

--------------------
The Silent Assassin overslept this morning.
Meaning that I don't have to quote him.
Ha ha.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #51
quote:
Originally written by Lenar Labs:

quote:
Originally by Snafta:
A friend of mine once read the bible, and he told me about a part in the Bible, that God is described as a big metal object.
Really? Where?
(no sarcasm involved. I don't want to have missed anything, especially if it sounds that ridiculous to me)

--------------------
The Silent Assassin overslept this morning.
Meaning that I don't have to quote him.
Ha ha.
As soon as I spoke him again, I'll post it, cause I don't know where it was. It can take some time though, but I'll tell you as soon as I know.

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.

Pages