Equip your tin foil bonnets...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Equip your tin foil bonnets...
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #0
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana has gone covert, requiring passwords, handshakes, and other hip-hop top secret thingie-ma-bobs.

So, has Aran finally lost it, or is he just making final preparations before unveiling something truly monstrous (and has lost it)?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
It's not the Encyclopedia. Actually, all of ermarian.net appears to have become part of this "Secured Area." I'm guessing Aran's experiencing a technical hiccup, either that or he has the site secured while he upgrades something.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #2
I noticed this too. I was thinking about posting a thread about it but now I don't need to :D . Anyways I think he might be adding the new info from AV4 into it.

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #3
This is funny, because I can now access Ermarian.net (i.e. I get the login prompt). Previously, I was mysteriously unable to access any of it.

Edit: How the ... hell did I get 598 posts? Last I checked I was at like 180. My memory really sucks at times.

[ Friday, March 10, 2006 17:01: Message edited by: Polyester ]

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #4
update account set post_count=598 where id=154 However, using Aran's new findings, this would do nothing, but still. :P

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
Argh.

Wow, this would've been an excellent set-up to "vanish" without trace. First I lost access last evening (I think you remember me leaving the chat without warning?), and I just couldn't get it to reconnect again. Now this.

I haven't checked the site yet. I'll see if I can remove this myself, or if my webhost has something to complain about (naughty things at stuff.ermarian.net possibly?) and thus blocked my site temporarily. Keep fingers crossed.

Edit: I don't know how, but somehow a protection I actually did place over one directory a few days ago apparently "spread" to cover the whole site. Don't ask me how. I've changed it again, so I hope you are now able to get to the site again.

[ Friday, March 10, 2006 19:28: Message edited by: When in the course of Nathan Ashby ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #6
By blaming your "host", possibly a euphamism for your "handler", I see that I will need to keep handy my special hat. I'm certainly glad that access has been re-granted though, it is time for me to check progress.

Edit - You managed this all on your own? Huh. Maybe the blame should be placed on the implant malfunctions which have been having disastrous effects throught the forums recently.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
Edit: Managed what on my own, the protection removal? As I said, it wasn't so much a server failure as a glitch in the .htaccess file, which got moved to the top directory. I deleted it, so now the protection is gone again. Easy.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #8
Implant malfunctions... you know, that explains so much.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00